Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the last house payment. The deed will be here within 30 days.

Will be completely debt free by fall of the year.

FREEDOM!!!
:bacon::carrot::banana: :machinegunner:

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,170 Posts
Congrats!!! Wish i was in your shoes.

I just moved about 6 years ago, not sure if I'll live to see me paying it off... But I get to shoot on my land so guess it ain't so bad >.>

·
Registered
809 Posts
Made the last house payment. The deed will be here within 30 days.

Will be completely debt free by fall of the year.

FREEDOM!!!
:bacon::carrot::banana: :machinegunner:
Good for you, congrats Greg_R!

I got the letter from my mortgage company today congratulating me for doing the same.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
good feeling, ain't it!? I still have a truck payment, but otherwise I'm right with you

Reactions: greg_r and Dagwood

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
It will probably be about another nineteen years for me before my mortgage is paid off. We owe about $143,000 on our home still.

All you owe is property taxes and insurance on your house now. That is really great!

Reactions: greg_r

·
Super Moderator
9,543 Posts
I just moved about 6 years ago, not sure if I'll live to see me paying it off... But I get to shoot on my land so guess it ain't so bad >.>
IIRC, we're all waiting for the Visper Invitational to go shoot.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was here in 1999. Went on vacation and came back to a burned out house. One payment left then all was gone except what we had with us. A lot of folk here know, but that’s what I always refer to as the great fire of ‘99.

20 years ago I should of been here. Now I am. And yes, it does feel good!

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Congrats!!! Just make sure you keep on hand enough to pay your insurance and real estate tax. I try to pay my insurance on an annual basis instead of monthly and the real estate bill comes quarterly. Unfortunately both seem to come at the worst time of year, usually after Christmas, and birthdays. Our real estate taxes in this city are the highest in the area. If the city would give me what they say my house is worth I'd move to NC in a minute. I think my house has been paid for for about 5 years now.

What a good feeling it is!

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: SWAGA

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,170 Posts
IIRC, we're all waiting for the Visper Invitational to go shoot.
Last time I had 4-5 friends out the neighbor about a 1/4 mile away called the police. Then again we were a bit loud shooting clays in my back field (100 yds by 150-175 yds) we had 2 launchers going at same time - god I went through a ton of ammo that day lol. I remember the officer told me, "yeah just shut it down for today, I hate to say it but this isn't your father Exeter township anymore..."

Most of the time if I'm just out back on my range just relaxing and shooting no one ever bugs me, except my wife when its time for dinner!!

When I moved out here it was nice n rural, now with more n more people moving out of the city its changing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.