Today's range report on my Hi-Point C9 nearing it's first 1000 rounds

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Nu-Point, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member

I just put 99 rounds through my Hi-Point at the range today . . and a misfire wasn't one . . . I don't clean it, as part of my torture test (an on-going effort), I fire the dirtiest ammo that can be found. Later in my testing, after switching from 124 to 115 grain ammo there were about 5 instances of noted mishaps. I think it's just a matter of breaking it in. I haven't been counting but I'm probably nearing 1000 rounds and Hi-Point recommends 2000 before doing a full cleaning. There were about 4-5 failure to ejects, stovepipe situations. 2 jamming instances, one where the round got lodged in the barrel but wasn't chambered, I had to rack the slide and push the round out with my patch stick - failure to feed during the latter portion, but this only affected the 2nd round of the magazine . . after that it fed smoothly - there were two instances where the slide slowly moved back in a weird way, anyone ever experienced this? I think it just needs some oil (which I'm neglecting it of until 2000 rounds)

2. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I have 2 22lr torture tests going on the 15/22 is at about 550 with no care and the sr22 is around 400.

3. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member

We should probably move some of my recent threads to the pistol forum, I forgot about that section until I was in it wondering "Where did my threads go?"

4. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I'm sure one of these nice mods will either move or close them for you.

5. Nu-Point

Nu-Point Member

Close? :mad:

These discussions are viable and vigorous, so many key point to discuss. How dare you :mad:

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I vote close them :-*