Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a romanian tokarev tt-33 pistol. The gun shoots fantastic with sellier and bellot ammo as well as privi partisan. But I am having some trouble with romanian ammo. I have to use two strikes to set it off and I have read they have very hard primers. So I tried to buy a wolff spring kit for it to replace the hammer spring, to get it to work but they are sold out of hammer springs. I have seen on midway usa spring kits for sale for wolff but do not know what kind to get. They come in metric and usa as well as different lengths. Does anybody know what kind I should get? Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated. Thanks kira.
P.S. is their an easy way to remove the pins from the hammer group, they are in their really really good.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
did the ammo come on strippers or loose boxed? it sounds to me like you have SMG ammo instead of pistol ammo, thats where the harder primers come in.

we also need to know the EXACT model of TT you have to get you the right kit. is it a TTC, TT-33, TTCP (rare) or another one of the eastern block makers. pics and markings would be helpful.

SW

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is a Tokarev TT-33. The ammo was bought from Sportsmanguide and it is shown as being romanian, it came in 72 round cardboard boxes loosely packed. I emailed them and they told me it was because of my hammer spring. I just took apart the firing mechanism and found the hammer spring, it appears to be very rigid and strong so I'm perplexed on the problem. Thanks Kira

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey SW why the type two pack if I'm reading the info right the only extra thing it has is +5% power spring for the magazine nothing else.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Hey SW why the type two pack if I'm reading the info right the only extra thing it has is +5% power spring for the magazine nothing else.
not to steal SW's answer but it is always a good idea to replace the mag springs in milsurps, they have usually seen a long hard life. Nothing worse than finally getting all the other springs replace then going to the range and having a mag spring fail. better to be safe than sorry.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
not to steal SW's answer but it is always a good idea to replace the mag springs in milsurps, they have usually seen a long hard life. Nothing worse than finally getting all the other springs replace then going to the range and having a mag spring fail. better to be safe than sorry.
what he said.

SW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts