Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a 995TS Monday and got it in on Friday. I am very impressed with it. Great looks and better than expected balance. Really like the sights so not sure if I'm going to scope it or not? Time will tell. Sorry forgot the mandatory toes in pic.

Range report to follow soon. :yay!:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Warning - The 995 is addicting. Once you shoot one you may never want to let it go! Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you end up ordering from?
R&R Arms. Great place to do business with. Good price, fast and reasonable shipping, shipped carbine and soft gun case for one price. High marks to them.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't offer a comparison the the old style 996 since I had never owned or shot one. This is one sweet lil' carbine though.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK guys, finally got to shoot her today. First 40-50 rounds were great but then began having 2 jams per mag. Got 200 rounds through her so she's on the way to being broken in. I'll clean and lube her up good and see what the next session brings. Sweet shooter!

1st target and 1st 10 rounds.

Oh, and here is the obligatory pic with toes :D

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
OK guys, finally got to shoot her today. First 40-50 rounds were great but then began having 2 jams per mag. Got 200 rounds through her so she's on the way to being broken in. I'll clean and lube her up good and see what the next session brings. Sweet shooter!

1st target and 1st 10 rounds.

Oh, and here is the obligatory pic with toes :D
For 75 yards I don't think thats too bad. How much did they charge you for shipping and how much was the gun?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
R&R Arms charged $213 for the carbine and shipping was $15. Had to do the $25 FFL transfer and the $10 TN background check. Tax here in TN would have been 10% of the 213 If I could have found one locally so the FFL transfer was basically a wash. Very good folks to do business with, friendly and prompt. I highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
R&R Arms charged $213 for the carbine and shipping was $15. Had to do the $25 FFL transfer and the $10 TN background check. Tax here in TN would have been 10% of the 213 If I could have found one locally so the FFL transfer was basically a wash. Very good folks to do business with, friendly and prompt. I highly recommend them.
Thanks for the info man. Glad to see the shipping wasn't completely outrageous. Thats really what had me worried on buyin one online. Seems like you did just as good as you would have if you could've found one in stock locally for 249.99 and then had to pay shipping. Do you know if they have many if any more in stock?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info man. Glad to see the shipping wasn't completely outrageous. Thats really what had me worried on buyin one online. Seems like you did just as good as you would have if you could've found one in stock locally for 249.99 and then had to pay shipping. Do you know if they have many if any more in stock?
Not sure but check their website and give them a call.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I took my wife's friend (recent 995 inductee) to my LGS and they ordered her a 995TS for $230 out the door. The owner had not seen the new stock before and liked it so much that he ordered an extra handful to put on the rack. Im not sure who his distributor is though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.