Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a gravel pit here in AK where public shooting's still allowed (they're shutting down public areas to shooting around here...which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and took the two out for their first test.

Ran the basic Winchester ammo in the white box through both of them and had mixed results.

The 45 shot perfectly. No jams, no issues, nothing. The gun is incredibly easy to manage and plenty accurate. I'll need to take it to a range with a rest so I can properly site it in (it's shooting a bit to the left), but all in all, I was very pleased.

The C9 was a bit difficult to control, but with a short barrel, I was in no way surprised. I had a few jams, but I blame myself, there. I didn't break it down and clean/oil it before I took them out. I've done that now and don't expect any issues. The C9 is also shooting a bit left out of the box.

All in all, I'm incredibly pleased. I heard enough good things about these pistols and I have to say I was happy to see things go as expected. I've got my brother interested, now also.

As an aside, also shot my buddy's Ruger 44-mag this weekend. Man that's a fun wheel gun!

And as has been said 1000+ times already, I'm getting pretty tired of having to hunt for ammo! Had to check 5 stores to find ANY boxes of 9mm. Also not looking forward to having to shoot Blazers, but dirty ammo's better than no ammo (saving a couple boxes of better ammo for the times I need it).

Attachments

·
Village Amadan
591 Posts
Glad you were able to get out and shoot at all with the ammo issues! I agree that your C9 should perform much better now that it has had a bath! ;) As for the .44, well, they're all fun to shoot!

One last thing...Brrrr! It was 88 degrees here in Oregon here yesterday!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I miss Oregon! My brother lives in Redmond. Haven't been down in a couple years...far too long.

The snow is receding quickly...the temps rising. I wouldn't be shocked to see one more dump of snow up here, but it's not likely. I think it was in the mid 40's when the picture was taken.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Good deal, glad u got out to shoot!! Blazer is about all I run through mine, well and the occasional Magtech, but Blazer has given me no issues whatsoever!! Basically, right now I'll shoot whatever can be had, which isn't much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to hear you got out and did some practice. With hit and miss ammo shortages it is hard to get out and shoot for most people these days. I ran a box of Blazer Brass thru my JHP 45 yesterday, not one problem. I have some CCI coming, but it is alluminum cased so it will end up dirtier than the Blazer!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems to be all I can find right now is aluminum cased Blazers. They're reliable enough...fired plenty through a buddy's Kimber last summer. Just an incredibly dirty round from what I remember.

But, like I said, I'll take dirty over nothing any day!

I see why people are hoarding whatever ammo they can find.

I'm still taking them back out this weekend. Going to hit a range so I can properly sight them in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts