Took the plunge.....

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by ArmyRover, Mar 18, 2016.

1. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

So probably just made a mistake as she is a bit beat. But it is a original 995 carbine. It was well under $200 and obviously used and abused. I was having zero luck finding a 995ts anywhere for the last few weeks so I took the plunge. I figured with how well Hi-point takes care of it's weapons it was worth a shot.

Now who has a ATI stock they want to sell lol

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Great Deal, for you!
    I think MOM will re-furb it, and save the stock if you wish?
    Or maybe even upgrade to the TS stock... IDK if you have
    any options, but Melvin will know. ;)

3. ArmyRover

Tonight I will likely strip it down and see what is going on inside it. I've already noticed it appears to be missing the rear site but luckily I have a cheap old red dot lying about.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  4. ArmyRover

Well this is a lovely shade of poo... lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ArmyRover

Doesn't look much better inside actually worse....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    They are around, it just a matter how much you want to spend on the ATI.

7. ArmyRover

I cleaned and lubed everything and put it back together. The magazine is fairly loose, probably 3/8 of a inch or more of up/down movement.

The slide looks like it has been beaten up a bit in it's life time.

Dane point me in the right direction :D

8. ArmyRover

Anyone have any thoughts on the slide should I be concerned about the heavy wear and the dinged up corner?

How much do they generally charge for the overhaul, might be money well spent. That or I'm going to find a few privates that have rated my wrath and put them to work on cleaning the slide lol.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Right now I see none on EBAY. There were some members here willing to sell theirs if the price was right. Hopefully they will post here. Check the wanted section for them.

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f318/995-ati-stock-317414/

[​IMG]

10. If you have concerns about the gun, sent it in to Mom and ask them to go over it. They'll do you right, and send it back to you with a free magazine to compensate you for shipping it out to them. You can ship long rifles USPS, it cost me about $17 which isn't too bad IMO

BTW, ArmyRover, You might post how much you're willing to give for an ATI stock, it might motivate someone on the forum to give theirs up.

11. ArmyRover

Not to sound stupid but I've never sent a weapon in for work. Do they ship it back to your house or to a ffl?

On the stock I sent a few pm's to members that might have one to part with. I understand its a sellers market on these so I know I'm going to have to pay a bit

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    They do it all for free, and then ship it back to wherever it was sent from, so if you ship it they send it back to you.

On an old gun, it's common to get over half the gun replaced.;)

You can have them install a TS stock too, for $60, or you can just order one to your house for $40, but I actually prefer the old one, since I'm not about the rails.

13. ArmyRover

Very cool, I may take it out and see how it does than send it in. I used some dummy rounds to check that it would feed and eject everything there seems in order. I cleaned and lubed it as best I could.

It seems the previous owner loved shooting it but was afraid that cleaning or lubing the weapon would cause it to melt.

Did my Saturday morning rounds of the LGS, with hopes of finding a spare mag or 2. No luck at my favorites, tried another place that carries quite a bit of hi-point, they did have them but at $49.95 for a single mag I decided to pass for now.

The did have a "Batman" 9mm hi-point though..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/proddetail.php?prod=HP995C001&cat=9

$18.50 each

15. ArmyRover

16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Several stern warnings coming in 5... 4... 3...

17. ArmyRover

yeah I was just reading on that to lol. Something about a kitten dies every time you slide that magazine home....

18. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    What a crazy price!

19. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    :confused: