Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly this is not intended as a bash on any particular user. simply the top most insane/improbable/stupid ideas ever posted. and as far as i know each of these was a serious suggestion by someone who really thought that it could be done. most if not all of the threads are still there if you go back and find them.

1. charter arms/HP revolver carbine
2. 50 BMG carbine - seriously WTF?
3. 7.62x54R blowback carbine
4. 50 AE pistol
5. 454 casull auto pistol
6. 44 rem magnum auto pistol
7. HP airsoft models
8. HP 12 ga shotguns
9. 25 ACP carbine
10. 223 bullpup carbine

Hon, mentions include muzzleloading HP carbine.

if you have a nomination for this list, PM one of the mods and we'll add as we see fit. and dont get all angry and send nasty PMs to teh mods. this is HUMOR people.

SW

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Most of the faildesigns had to do with the fact that they are in no way similar to what HP currently does. Any suggestion that requires a complete change in the current design of the carbines/pistols is pretty much a no-go.

I remember seeing most of these posted in here, good times haha! The 7.62x54R blowback one always sticks in my mind though :p

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I might point out that of your subjective top ten stupidest ideas, all but one involves a change of calibers from those currently offered by Hi Point. It has been pointed out - correctly - that such caliber additions would require a complete (read: expensive) retooling, negating Hi Point's advantage of low cost reliable firearms in already popular calibers.

#4 - collaberation with sister company Charter Arms to produce a revolver carbine - does not necessarily require a change of caliber. It does not require much in the way of retooling - a 9mm barrel can be adapted to take 38sp/357. In fact, for the most part it would be a relatively simple exchange of one set of internals for another. Hi-Point could provide the barrels, frames, buttstocks etc while Charter Arms could provide the firing internals.

For perspective, adapting 9mm barrels/buttstocks/accessories to produce 38sp/357 revolver carbines would be a damn sight cheaper than the cost of producing that Yeti of Hi-Point firearms, the mythical 4595.

Hmmmm. . . . . I notice the 4595 wasn't on your list of stupidest ideas despite the fact that it involves the same expensive caliber retooling as the 22lr, 50BMG, et al!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so, of the VAST number of commercially availble and SUCCESSFUL revolver carbines which does your oblviously superior weapon design skills think would be the best design for hi point to emulate?

as for the 4595, ive not going to insult a still in R&D weapon that has far more merit and commercial sales potential than your idea.

and saying you could shoot 38spl or 357 mag out of a barrel made for 9mm......wow. im not even going to bother.

SW

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'd like to buy a HP shotty.. It could even be designed like a carbine. It probally wouldn't require a major retooling.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Couldn't you push a 38 or 357 down a 9mm barrel if you used enough powder and built a strong enough chamber :blink:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couldn't you push a 38 or 357 down a 9mm barrel if you used enough powder and built a strong enough chamber :blink:
the barrel should be sized to suit the diameter of the intended round. from goove to groove 9mm barrels are usually 355 or 356. 38/357 barrel are usually 357 or 358. it may be one or two thousnadsth of an inch, but that can be the difference between a bullet downrange and a blown up firearm. now there are revolvers with sub diameter barrels that will shoot 9mm bullets just fine. my trooper MKIII is a priome example. guns like the medusa that are "multi-caliber" have a barrel sized to the largest diameter, and figure the loss of pressure by slight blow by is offset by the caliber interchangeability.

SW

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yeah a gun thats made to fire 9mm and 40 S&W will readily adapt itself to 12 ga......

SW
OF COURSE retooling would be needed. I'm just saying it might not be prohibitively expensive. There's a market for them too.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah a gun thats made to fire 9mm and 40 S&W will readily adapt itself to 12 ga......

SW
OF COURSE retooling would be needed. I'm just saying it might not be prohibitively expensive. There's a market for them too.
yes and NEF, H&R, rossi and a plethora of foregin companies already dominate it. why tool up for a market niche that already over-supplied?

SW

·
Registered
708 Posts
HP would have the edge over them by making an American weapon and at a low price, like the rest of their guns. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
post removed due to sexual connotation/content.

SW
Wow! That is just plain weak.

You know, you could have just replaced the allegedely offensive word with, say maybe the word "excited", and in doing so kept the rest of the post intact.

This is just plain stunning. Why are the mods so offended by the concept of the revolver carbine? Or is it the idea of collaberation between Hi Point and Charter Arms that you find perhaps ince.... (oops! almost another faux paux!) . .

....that you find so offensive?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.