Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats with the new topic page length?

Popular topics are no longer multiple pages, but ranter one long single page. While I sort of like this... It does have a negative effect on load time with topics that have allot of photos. Especially for users with slower internet connections.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Right now it's set at 50 posts per page....

What do you guys think? Do you like it how it is, or do you want shorter post/page lengths?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vote is a little shorter.

What was it before the change and what was it on the old forum?

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I think it was 15 or 20 before the change, but I may be mistaken... I don't know what it was on the old forum as I didn't have access to the admin panel back then......

Let's let some of the others vote on what they'd like to see and maybe we'll get it shortened....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it: I used to freak out when I saw a thread hat had posts; first time after the viewing, I was like we lost some info again! I looked closer...its there.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
It is already taking too long to load some of the photo threads and I am on cable. I can't imagine the dial up guys if we have any. I would like to see the posts per page made smaller. I wish this could be done per thread but something tells me it is an across the board only kind of change.

·
1,792 Posts
I am running Sprint wirless, In my area it is ussually dial up speed but does get up to braod band.

I LOVE THE 50 Posts per page. I only have load time trouble with pics. But I do not have to fight the screen back.

So I saay keep it 50 please. I hated waiting to load new pages just to read the threads. This rules!

JUST my hay penny.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're tied at 2 to 2 so far...

Maybe this needs to be made into a poll. Some people may not take the time to comment. Allot of others may not even read/see it since its in the Suggestions or Complaints section. I know I don't normally read it myself unless I have a current issue/suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts