Toro Snowblower Carb Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by histed, Oct 20, 2020.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    At least you don't work for that Mass-Hole any longer :D

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I grew up in Buffalo with lake effect snow. Every storm was a crap shoot until the lakes froze over.

Rerun likes this.

3. welderman

welderman Member

I have a Craftsman I bought several years ago and it ran great. Then last year I couldn't get it to start at all when prepping it for winter. I pulled the carb, bought a kit and replaced the bowl gasket and the needle valve and it starts every time. It was the ethanol in the gas that varnished the valve and turned the rubber gasket to hard plastic. I only run ethanol free gas in it now, along with all of my small engines. I have also replaced two carbs on other equipment.

Rerun, SWAGA and histed like this.
  4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

One thing that scares me is the other drivers. I have few snow stories.

adam01364 and histed like this.
  5. OK, so thanks for THAT visual!!

6. Rachgier

Oh please. Everybody knows your kind all fantasize about slathering butter all over Dom Deluise and sticking him in the oven.

7. Hey, put an apple in his mouth and baste him regularly over a slow roast?? That'd be good eats right there.

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

We've had snow about a week now. Tonight 1 to 4 inches expected tomorrow 8 to 12. Haven't gotten the leaves up yet. Probably won't till spring

9. moona11

97 I was snowed in at a some girls house for 5 days. It was a good time.

adam01364 and SWAGA like this.
  10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

85 today, 80 tomorrow. 70's for the days. Cold front tomorrow, another on Monday. Coldest temp in the next week is 50 next Thursday night.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  11. histed

histed Supporting Member

For PA we're having unusually warm weather this fall. Last week it barely got over 50, yesterday it hit 80. High 70s again today. Finally in the mountains again and I can enjoy the fall colors. 8 to 12 I am NOT looking forward too, although 3 to 5 for deer season would be nice

fatal-bert33 likes this.
  12. That evening a female coworker asked me if I wanted to stay over at her place; I declined.
    It could've been a good time -but in a bad way. ;)

fatal-bert33 and moona11 like this.
  13. moona11

This is true FB_IMG_1603582676720.jpg

welderman, Rerun and histed like this.
  14. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

15. Rachgier

Calling for a whole 7" here. That means we'll get 4 and like it...

Rerun likes this.
  16. 2" inches here (once every few years) will paralyze Dallas. People here will stock up on 'provisions' and TxDoT will sand roads up to OKC.

17. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

2 more inches of snow, a cold couple nights on the way(down to 9 for the low)... and my snowblower still won't run right, popping and backfiring. Whoever thought it was a good plan to permanently attach the frikking choke knob to the rod needs to be taken out and SHOT. Pain in the butt to juggle the engine cover and try to get the choke rod disconnected from the carb in a space I can barely get my fingers into, anyone with fat fingers is screwed.

18. moona11

Reminds me, I probably should check and start mine before I actually need to use it.

adam01364, TNTRAILERTRASH and Rerun like this.
  19. Lovetoshoot

Lovetoshoot Member

You could rebuild the carb. Cheap. A bit of a pain though. If worse comes to worse, send for a new one. Amazon etc. Shop around. Again,still cheap. Clean it all up first and see what happens.

20. welderman

welderman Member

After I got out of the Army I moved to Norcross, GA, this was in 1983. I was renting a room from my former step mom and her husband. In December of that year I was asleep one weekend in my basement room. My younger half sister came banging on my door like someone was hurt or dead. I opened the door and she said to come upstairs, when I did I asked what it was and she said it's snowing. I said you woke me up for snow?!

OldOutlaw likes this.