Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes another one of these threads. Im trying to sell my taurus pt140. Love the gun hate the cost of ammo. Ive been wanting a shotgun for home defense. A guy locally has a 1300 defender and is interested in trading for my pt140. Cost wise Im losing out I think but since I picked up my c9 I plan to shoot that and Im afraid the Taurus will sit and collect dust. What do you think good or bad deal?

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
depends on how bad you want a long gun. yes you lose a little money on the trade but thats par for most firearms transactions IME. the long gun is more useful for the most part. id say trade

SW

·
Village Amadan
591 Posts
You can go and buy a good, used Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870 for well under $200 and add all the HD goodies you want for what your PT is worth! Keep the Taurus and buy a used Mossberg 500 for around $125 and then pick up a 20" barrel and magazine extension for under $200 and then you have a dual purpose (HD and field) shotgun. You can also go to the trap/skeet range and have a great time!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can go and buy a good, used Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870 for well under $200 and add all the HD goodies you want for what your PT is worth! Keep the Taurus and buy a used Mossberg 500 for around $125 and then pick up a 20" barrel and magazine extension for under $200 and then you have a dual purpose (HD and field) shotgun. You can also go to the trap/skeet range and have a great time!
Not in my neck of the woods. Used 500's and 870's go for 250+. I do really like the mossberg persuader 20". I hit 8 out of 8 pigons with my cousins. Good for home defense too.

·
Village Amadan
591 Posts
Try Gun Broker and see what you can find there.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Having owned a 1300 for a decade now, I'd do it. Even if there was a bit of difference in the value on paper, I'd still make the trade. The Mossy and the 870 have ten times the aftermarket support but I've found no other shotty that pumps faster than my Winchester.

-'b

·
Village Amadan
591 Posts
Don't you mean your Winnie? :brow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts