Transitional Model C9 Comp?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by panoz77, Apr 26, 2014.

1. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I have what I think I just realized my be a transitional Model C 9mm comp (no comp designation on the slide).

It was purchased on September 23, 2000. It has the old style single firing pin spring with plastic cup and rounded ball slide stop. It has the newer powder coat finish but the old model lettering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out the original purchase price brand new in 2000 :D
    [​IMG]

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    None of them do. They did not make special slides or rollmarks for the comps.

Fixed or adjustable sights?

3. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Adjustable rear sights.

I have seen pics of the comp slides marked as

Model C9
    9mm

This one is marked as
    Model C 9mm

It isn't that unique, I saw several similar on google pics with the same marking and finish.

4. cicpup

Vermont
    What you won't see is one marked "Model C9 Comp". They used normal 9mm slides on the comps. I've seen the Model C in these versions:

Smooth finish & fixed sights
    Smooth finish & adjustable sights
    Powdercoat finish & fixed sights
    Powdercoat finish & adjustable sights

All had older round dolls head.

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Yeah, I think they stopped making the C9 comp before the newer style slide stop. By the way, the dolls head will not work with double springs if you leave in the plastic follower.

Another note, when this C9 comp had only the single firing pin spring setup, the slide was much easier to actuate, even to the point where you could use an quick up/down jerk with one hand and chamber a round (not recommended with live ammo) without touching the slide. There was a video on youtube of someone doing this, I had to give it a try with some dummy rounds and yup. It will not do this with the dual firing pin springs.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Mine is also marked as " MODEL C 9mm " serial # P2019xx

7. cicpup

Vermont
    Maybe. My C-9 Comp has the newer one. But bought it used and it might have been updated.

8. panoz77

panoz77 Member

When I requested the updated springs, they only sent the springs and not the new slide stop. :confused:

9. cicpup

Vermont
    When they updated the springs they also updated the stop and the firing pin. Give them another call for the rest.

10. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I did get the firing pin too (by the way, the firing pins look identical in appearance), but they did not send the updated slide "retainer" which is the proper part name, I have been calling it a slide stop. I did call and ask the tech, and he told me it was fine and just install what they sent :rolleyes:, I wasn't going to keep questioning him, but I asked again to clarify that I had the old style round one and he said it is fine :cool:

I may call one of these days and just have them send a new style one to see if there is a difference.

11. cicpup

Vermont
    Well one difference is it's a whole lot easier reassembling the damn thing when the dolls head isn't spinning around on you. Just tell them the stupid thing shot across the room when you took the slide off and you can't find it. You'll get a new one lickity split.