Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im heading to Denver soon and live in eastern Oklahoma (VERY near the Arkansas line)

Im getting one of these.......
and im pretty sure it will tell me the same as yahoo maps.. Go hit Tulsa, then head for Wichita KS, then hook a left across kansas to colorado.

The black line indicates the first path all the internet maps propose.
THe red is an alternate route they offer after the 1st.

The blue is the approximate area im willing to travel to see something worthwhile. Of course the area is mostly farm land. lol Therein lies my problem.

What is there to see in that area?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
927 Posts
well i just seen on man vs. food they have a 7lbs breakfast burrito :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thanks man. lol

Oh crap, I forgot to add Jericho on the map :D

Id almost be willing to drive even a tad further north or something if there is ANYTHING lol.

(oh and yeah I messed up weirdo. lol great.)

G

·
Hey, who you callin' weird, ya okie from muskokee?

Hmm, I got nothing as far as touristy things to see there, amigo. Maybe the worlds largest ball of Yarn is thereabouts somewhere?

Denver, or Colorado Springs? Coors has a brewery set up somewhere thereabouts: maybe they have tours?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehe

Well thanks anywho guap!

Yeah colorado springs, Pueblo to be exact. BEER would be awesome to see! lol Plus Ill be there for st pattys day as well! :devilsidesmile:

Thing with that though is, my cousin lives in Pueblo so he will be my guide for Colorado. So im covered for the most part for that state lol. but am still open to suggestions. Im sure my cous hasnt seen it all.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Why don't you take a detour through New Mexico so you and I can go shoot some stuff?

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I could send you my brother's address- then you'd have at least one good place to NOT visit... :-[

Seriously, I drove right through that area last year and if there's something worth seeing I'd be interesting in knowing about it too.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
There is always Mount Sunflower, the highest point in Kansas... just be careful and don't trip over it. :)

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Hey, who you callin' weird, ya okie from muskokee?

Hmm, I got nothing as far as touristy things to see there, amigo. Maybe the worlds largest ball of Yarn is thereabouts somewhere?

Denver, or Colorado Springs? Coors has a brewery set up somewhere thereabouts: maybe they have tours?
the coors brewery is on the west side of denver, so its not really on the way. but they do have a free tour with free beer.

there is basically nothing east of denver, unfortunately. i know there is a big cat reserve east of colorado springs, but i dont know where. they have about a hundred or so rescued lions and tigers (sorry, no bears) and its like $10 or $15 bucks. i hear its pretty cool. you'd have to look it up though, i know very little about it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Actually my GPS has POI info (Points of Interest).
Hit the icon and it will show restaurants, museams, parks. sports complexes, Hospitals, Police Stations, basically anything you want.
Not sure about your GPS but it's worth reading the manual to find out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts