Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going down to Florida with my wife in Sept. coming from Indiana.

Does anyone know of a good resource I could check to see what the gun laws are in other states and which ones will honor an Indiana handgun license?
I've been told its legal for me to carry in KY and TN with my license, just wondering how I would go about checking into other states.

Haven't had time to google it yet, wanted to post to see if one wiser than I might save me a bit of time.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Your best bet is to call the highway patrol for each state you are traveling in. Ask for a patrolman at any station. tell them you are on a peaceable journey through their state, and ask them how they would like you to transport the weapon. Does it have to be locked?? Ammo separate. since you do not Have a trunk, ask them how many layers of security you need. For example a cable lock, and a locked pistol box. Also ask for the patrolmans name badge number, and a contact number in case you get stopped by barney. that way the two officers can work it out. the patrolman should be the final authority in the applications of state laws. remember it is you responsibility to know the laws of the state you are traveling through. A great source of info for CCW laws can be found at the states attorney generals website.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. Looks like we're be covered for our trip which is nice.
I was in gas station once with my wife during a trip and, from the bathroom, sounded like the place was getting robbed. Turned out just to be a fight in the parking lot but my heart jumped.
At the time I owned my firearm but left it at home since I was waiting on my license to come in.

Just stayed in my mind having her with me and not being able to protect her or myself from harm if we got in harms way.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just stayed in my mind having her with me and not being able to protect her or myself from harm if we got in harms way.
and that, my friend, is the grave injustice of the idiocy known as "gun control" - forcing honest citizens to walk around defenseless! :mad:

only a corrupt pig would hassle you for carrying a firearm that you're legally licensed to carry in your home state

last i checked, the u.s. constitution still applies in all fifty states

[this is my opinion, not legal advice!]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, I agree with everything you said.
But I have terrible luck with cops, I don't look offensive or anything, but they all seem to assume I'm doing something illegal and they just don't know what.

Poses and interesting question- would you rather take your chances with the man or with the bgs?
Cops are more common and you can end up in lots of legal trouble, fines, jail and having your gun rights taken away.
Most don't even run into one BG in their lifetime but if they do them and their family can end up dead.

:cantlook:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Survivalist says the constitution is valid in all 50 states. Problem is if you carry on your home states LTC or any other LTC in Illinois or any other state that doesn't recognize it you can find your self in big trouble. As was stated Florida doesn't recognize any non-resident LTC, but they do issue. Also you can have a loaded handgun in your vehicle glove box, or console, if they are closed without a LTC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts