Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Tried my hand at building a hidden gun shelf **build instructions added**

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  FLSh00ter 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if this should go here or in the regular lounge, but just wanted to share a little build i did with the board.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out, im still deciding what i want to line the inside with.

Here is an instructional video you can use for reference. I pretty much built mine exactly as he did it in this video

I just put a single child lock on mine and it holds just fine with my 3 EDC guns and extra mags

How To Make the Stealth Shelf! (Homemade Concealment Shelf) - YouTube

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks good!

Reactions: FLSh00ter
#6 ·
@FLSh00ter - now do the rest of us a favor and write this up as an article explaining the build. Your project is quite cool and something I'd try myself if I had a clue where to begin

#8 ·
Very well done. Brightly colored felt. Orange/yellow/lime green or red. Just use some spray contact glue for both the wood surface and back of felt(don't use foam as it'll make it more of a problem than a solution and some painter's tape to prevent spray glue from going where you don't want.

Yes, do a write-up.

#9 ·
hey guys, I built mine off just a cut sheet and written instructions, but I found this video on YT that explains the process much better then I probably could. His method is almost identical to how mine was built.

I will edit the first post with a link to the video.

For the locking mechanism, i just purchased some child proof magnetic locks similar to these ones
Safety 1st Complete Magnetic Locking System-HS132 - The Home Depot

I couldnt find the exact light i used, but any motion activated LED light should work
Motion Sensor Closet Lights, OxyLED Cordless Under Cabinet Lightening, Wireless Stick-on Anywhere Battery Operated 10 LED Night Light Bar, Safe Lights for Closet Cabinet Wardrobe Stairs (3 Pack) - - Amazon.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.