Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Not bad at all Jimbo! looks real good! I'm not much into the camo thing (except for clothing) but I have to say that looks pretty sharp. Was it very time consumeing?

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Me likey. Thought about doing something like that to my gun but fear that it would look like crap afterward. Good job though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good job.

How's that Fusion paint looking? Does it seem durable? Can you scratch it off with your fingernail?

I'm thinking about a paint job but I would hate to have a stock with paint chipping off it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used fusion camo paint, and it will scratch, I tried to put some clear enamel sealer on a demo board, and it turned to liquid. It is unusually tough though. It don't chip, but you can scratch it. I only used 3 colors, but may add dark green eventually. About 6.00 a can. Jim <><

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used fusion camo paint, and it will scratch, I tried to put some clear enamel sealer on a demo board, and it turned to liquid. It is unusually tough though. It don't chip, but you can scratch it. I only used 3 colors, but may add dark green eventually. About 6.00 a can. Jim <><
This, or removing the paint during cleaning has been my concern with a wicked sexy paintjob.

Any tips on how we might preserve jim's (and my potential) paint, guys?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.