Trigger finger pain

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by vette, Oct 23, 2014.

1. vette

vette Lifetime Supporter

Have a 995 with newly installed joey trigger. Hoping a slight reduction in the trigger pull would result. Unfortunately I feel no reduction from what it felt like before the trigger. In fact, after about 20 rounds , my finger begins to HURT just like before. Cannot squeeze off a round.

Anyone have this problem or do I just have a freak?:eek:

2. Your finger... hurts? I have sat down and fired off 300 rounds in one sitting with my 995ts and by the end I notice the trigger even less than when I started. Arthritis?

3. vette

vette Lifetime Supporter

Not A. No problem with any other gun I have. I can PULL the trigger all day and have no concern. What I am referring to is SQEEZING OFF a around. Hard pulls w/ this gun contribute to poor accuracy..

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    A Joey trigger does nothing to decrease pull. Doesn't claim to. It's mostly cosmetic. To slightly reduce pull polish the trigger, the sear cam and trigger bar. Especially where they meet together or rub the frame & grip. To drastically reduce pull replace the sear spring with a weaker one. This can be dangerous as it could go full auto.

Or you could just toughen up your girly finger.

5. It may be your rifle then. I take my trigger pull slow and have no problem at all. I suppose you could call MoM and talk to a tech. They have been more than willing to answer the two questions I have had and I never had to wait long to talk to an actual service tech.

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

So what Cicpup meant to say was this. ^^^^^

7. cicpup

Vermont
    I've learned that when given choices they tend to pick the dumbest, most dangerous solution no matter the warnings.

8. jcwit

jcwit Member

How are you squeezing/pulling the trigger?

Are you using the first pad of your finger or are you using the crease where the 1st and 2nd joints are. Squeezing at the crease is the correct way.

9. Rachgier

I know that, but I had to throw the mod hat on for a second and cover the "don't try this at home kids" part of our rules.

10. cicpup

Vermont
    Fair 'nuff.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Say what? Everything I know says the pad is the right place.

No matter what Ayoob said.;)

But there IS a body of practice that says use the crease on DA guns that require more power to pull.

12. panoz77

panoz77 Member

You might just have a bad trigger, if you don't want to polish it up, send it back to MOM and ask them to try and smooth it out. For the most part, the Hipoint triggers are not considered "heavy". Have you measured the weight of your trigger pull? I use a modified fish scale to measure my triggers, works well and cost me about $15.

This is the one I bought.
    http://www.amazon.com/Weston-Pound-...F8&qid=1414088591&sr=8-13&keywords=fish+scale

Actually, I think this is the place I ordered it from
    http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/w...Ads&utm_medium=Amazon&utm_campaign=Amazon+Ads

13. vette

vette Lifetime Supporter

Tried both way's . No significant delta.:eek:

14. vette

vette Lifetime Supporter

Will MOM accept it with a new trigger or refuse to work on it?

15. cicpup

Vermont
    She'll throw it in the box and tell you not to use it.

16. cicpup

Vermont
    Did sorting out the trigger install improve this problem?

17. vette

vette Lifetime Supporter

No conceivable improvement with the new trigger. Trigger still a big contributor to in-accuracy at 100 yards. A smooth crisper pull would significantly improve accuracy, at least for me.

18. cicpup

Vermont
    Reread post #4.

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ummmm....it's a Pistol caliber carbine. At 100 yards?

What accuracy are you expecting? And what are you getting?

BTW...this was at 25 yards, the trigger on mine seems to be fine for accuracy, as long as the ammo is good. Have you tried shorter distances and/or other ammo? As you can see, ammo can make a significant difference in accuracy.

[​IMG]

20. Rachgier

Well since we're showing off.....

75 yards with a 4095TS.

[​IMG]