Trigger pin

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by pher, Apr 16, 2018.

1. pher

pher Member

Hello all,

I watched a video created by ThingMeister on how to remove the stock trigger and install the TM trigger. The second pin he pulled to remove the trigger is slightly bent on one side and is only able to be removed in one direction.

When I got to this step on my 995 carbine (monkey gun) it looks as though my pin is hollow, almost looks as if it could be an extremely small Allen screw threaded in. I didn't have much time to mess with it before I left for work, but I'd like to get it figured out.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

2. If you are not the original owner of your monkey gun, someone could've messed with it and changed it. It definitely should be slightly bent on one side.

3. pher

pher Member

Actually, i meant to add in the original post that i am the original owner and I just received it back from Mom last week.

The second pic that requires removal to swap the trigger is located above the trigger, correct?

4. There's a screw in the stock that is as you described. I don't have a ThingMeister trigger so I don't know what his instructions state. But I do know that here is a bent pin holding the trigger in.

5. pher

pher Member

I'm going to attempt to upload some pictures when I get home

6. Are you talking about the pin that holds the trigger arm into the trigger? (red circle) It could be a small roll pin or it could be a solid pin; no biggie.
    The bent pin goes through the receiver, passes through the top of the trigger (red arrow) an through the other side of the receiver.

Hi-Point 995 triggers with pointer.jpg

7. pher

pher Member

Also, this is an Exxxxx serial number and I just received it back from an overhaul from Mom.

Thanks

8. Moe44125

Moe44125 Member

My 995ts is brand new and the pin that used to be bent on one side is now a 1/16" roll pin.

pher likes this.
  9. pher

pher Member

Thank you for confirming this.

10. I can't see the pictures?

11. pher

pher Member

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the pictures?

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

When you load them as media, they tend not to show up.

13. pher

pher Member

Please let me know if that worked

14. It worked. That's the curved pin.

15. pher

pher Member

The curved pin is hollow? It had no curve when I took it out?

16. pher

pher Member

I'm pretty sure @Moe44125 is correct and that this is a roll pin.

Attached Files:

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Roll in the curved location. Not sure which one, but one of my carbines came with a roll pin. Had to mod my keychain to fit.

18. Hmm, that's interesting. A subtle change to the carbine build, perhaps?