Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to successfully and safely reduce the trigger pull of a DOA gun?

I'm looking at this cool ass gun, but the trigger feels like it's ~20lbs or more. I know I'm dreaming here, but if I can get it down to ~5lbs or so I would be happy. Maybe even ~7 if it's smooth.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
It varies depending on the gun. You should post what it is and see if anybody has any direct experience with it. If nobody here has modified one they may still be able to point you in an appropriate direction.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Is there a way to successfully and safely reduce the trigger pull of a DOA gun?

I'm looking at this cool ass gun, but the trigger feels like it's ~20lbs or more. I know I'm dreaming here, but if I can get it down to ~5lbs or so I would be happy. Maybe even ~7 if it's smooth.
i think you mean DAO (double action only) vs. DOA (dead on arrival). 8)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I lowered the trigger pull on my kel-tec p-11 from 11 pounds to 5 pounds. The massive length of the trigger pull did not change but it did make an amazing difference. Much easier to shoot.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Now Im not sure on this but I believe my friend said hismother had a cop 357 and he said that it would only shoot afew.357 rounds at a time and then would freeze up but you could shoot .38s all day just fine.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now Im not sure on this but I believe my friend said hismother had a cop 357 and he said that it would only shoot afew.357 rounds at a time and then would freeze up but you could shoot .38s all day just fine.
Yeah, I've heard some bad about them too...mostly just two-four barrels firing at once.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
ive used jewlers rouge on the trigger surfaces to smooth them up a bit, that helped. for any extensive trigger work a smith is the best choice. its easy to screw up trigger geometry so a gun is unsafe.

SW

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for any extensive trigger work a smith is the best choice.
I don't plan on doing it...I was going to have a 'smith work on it anyways.

I was just wondering if, and how much a DOA trigger could reliably lightened.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I lowered the trigger pull on my kel-tec p-11 from 11 pounds to 5 pounds. The massive length of the trigger pull did not change but it did make an amazing difference. Much easier to shoot.
Care to share your tricks or secrets??? I too, did not buy one because of the trigger put.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
The easiest way to soften the trigger pull on a DAO pistol that I can think of would be to lighten the hammer spring, but that could result in FTF if it's lightened too much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts