Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a set of Triijicons put on the Px4 awhile back since the factory sites only glow for about 30 minutes after light exposure. Got to go to the range for the first time Thursday, about halfway through the second mag the rear sight had shifted about halfway out of the slot, to the left. I wondered why in the world my shots suddenly begin creeping to the left...thought I was pulling them until I got to slide lock and noticed :wideeyed:

My question is, do ya'll think its a site issue or an install problem, I'm leaning with the blame falling on the smitty who did the work; as he ruined the first set I got by using a brass punch...which resulted in a few scratches on the slide and cracking one of the dots on the rear site. He replaced the site and swore the scratches would come out with cleaning... :brow:

Scratches are still present and now the site has moved...I'm about to scream bloody murder here!

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I will definitely say it's an install issue, if installed correctly that should never happen, I'd find a different 'smith if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah calling the shop owner in Charlotte in the AM. Worst part is now that I'm back on duty I'll have to send in the slide, which will leave me down a gun for few days/weeks...hoping prior and not latter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.