Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Did I over react?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting in my Lazy-Boy watching Fox News when my dog started barking out the front door. I knew something was up outside because he RARELY ever barks inside the house. I got up to look out the front door and I saw a crowd of kids out in the dark street and one was kicking the other and the other was trying to get away from the one doing the kicking. I was concerned that maybe there was a fight of some sort going on, and with what appeared to be 6-7 kids out there, the odds could be stacked against the loser in the fight. Not cool if that is what is actually happening out there.

I made sure I had the upper hand in my back pocket, then I walked down my front sidewalk from my porch to the steps leading down to the street and kept about 20 feet between me and them yet staying on my property.

I sternly asked them if everything was alright. I got a general yes from all of them. I said to them that I was concerned because my dog started barking out the front door, I looked out and see someone kicking someone else and I got to believe that maybe something was going on. They assured me that nothing was up and it was cool. So I went back into the house.

As I walked into the front door they were moving on down the street minding their own business. Not one of then made any impolite comments or was rude. I was actually impressed.

I just hope I didn't come off as to big of an A$$. I just wanted to make sure everything was OK.

My wife thinks I may have over reacted. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Sounds like you acted appropriately to me... too many people would just have closed their blinds and ignored it, possibly to someone else's detriment.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Would have done the smae thing!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Agreed.
I would have done the same thing.
Now...had you drawn your firearm and started waiving it around....that would have been overreacting.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Good for you man, you did the right thing IMHO.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now...had you drawn your firearm and started waiving it around....that would have been overreacting.
Yea I think I would have graduated to the position of the agressor and ended up in jail too. lol!!!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
but, if you would have hosed them all with mace, that wouldnt have been over reacting.

if you were over reacting atleast you would get to see how it worked on some real life individuals. all in the name of science.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know what, I should have put an option up there to "Call the Cops". Cause I actually thought about it. But if it ended up being nothingI would have called for no reason.

Tuff call I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts