Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Did I over react?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting in my Lazy-Boy watching Fox News when my dog started barking out the front door. I knew something was up outside because he RARELY ever barks inside the house. I got up to look out the front door and I saw a crowd of kids out in the dark street and one was kicking the other and the other was trying to get away from the one doing the kicking. I was concerned that maybe there was a fight of some sort going on, and with what appeared to be 6-7 kids out there, the odds could be stacked against the loser in the fight. Not cool if that is what is actually happening out there.

I made sure I had the upper hand in my back pocket, then I walked down my front sidewalk from my porch to the steps leading down to the street and kept about 20 feet between me and them yet staying on my property.

I sternly asked them if everything was alright. I got a general yes from all of them. I said to them that I was concerned because my dog started barking out the front door, I looked out and see someone kicking someone else and I got to believe that maybe something was going on. They assured me that nothing was up and it was cool. So I went back into the house.

As I walked into the front door they were moving on down the street minding their own business. Not one of then made any impolite comments or was rude. I was actually impressed.

I just hope I didn't come off as to big of an A$$. I just wanted to make sure everything was OK.

My wife thinks I may have over reacted. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Sounds like you acted appropriately to me... too many people would just have closed their blinds and ignored it, possibly to someone else's detriment.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Agreed.
I would have done the same thing.
Now...had you drawn your firearm and started waiving it around....that would have been overreacting.

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Good for you man, you did the right thing IMHO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.