Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the first season....the show was cool, it dealt with just Vampires, and some of the history. Explained some of their mythology, and disproved a bunch. Like how they don't like garlic because it gives them bad breath...

Anywho, the second season is almost over, and the show doesn't even make sense anymore. The only thing that vampires do in the show is be part of the cast now. Now there are shape shifters, werewolves, and this demon thing that cast a spell on the whole town. The main character can shoot lighting bolts....

It's just not making sense any more.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
What brought on this recent market saturation of vampire stuff

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because their cool.

Wow, I'm stupid...

Because they're cool.

Edit: Maaso can't spell.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Well vampires yes, this twilight teenie bopper stuff though...

I have no idea what true blood is so I'll hold my tongue about it.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twilight brought shame to the vampire name.

True Blood is a mini-series on HBO about a small town in Louisiana, where vampires exist. They are trying to live their life like anyone else, and the the discrimination they have to endure to be "normal."

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
"They sparkle" Masso i watch true blood also, did not want to watch it at 1800 so i'm waiting until 2030 to watch....don't ruin it for me! It is a strange series though. whats her face god woman has got to die somehow. Sam is cool with the dog routine, poor Jason, always friggin up. i think it is a good story considering i usually don't watch any series except for dexter and sons of anarchy. only 2 more shows after this then gotta wait for awhile. Anna Paquin is hot though, did you see her boobs last episode, OH ROGUE YOU LITTLE [email protected]#!! Hard to believe she was in "The Piano"...AMAZING!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Sookie isn't much to look at...but has some of the nicest titties I've ever seen.

·
Banned
19,446 Posts
meh, vampire shows are now all about trying to capture the same audience as twilight did. the days of gore filled slaughter fests, wooden stakes and blade are long gone methinks.

SW

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
IDK true blood is pretty friggin gory! i figured sunday nites are boring as crap anyway, why not watch it. so i started from the first show and gonna ride it out until the end. it does really show some interesting ideas if vampires were real and were "out of the closet" among us and how that would work. kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
meh, vampire shows are now all about trying to capture the same audience as twilight did. the days of gore filled slaughter fests, wooden stakes and blade are long gone methinks.
This show has it's fair share of gore, last episode a girl got her heart ripped out, and this demon-god-lady thing made this couple eat it. And every episode or so somebody gets drained, vampires get staked and melt into a puddle of goo, they burn in the sunlight.

It's not a fluff film to pick up where Twilight left off... I hope not anyways, Twilight sucked.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
hey it was pretty good tonite, that part with Jason as the god was funny as hell! i'm gonna buy some of the true blood drink on 9-10!!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i'm gonna buy some of the true blood drink on 9-10!!!
They are coming out with a drink, that's awesome. I wonder if it will taste like real blood. And where I can get it.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts