Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

True Blood is getting stupid...

5K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  roadkill46 
#1 ·
Back in the first season....the show was cool, it dealt with just Vampires, and some of the history. Explained some of their mythology, and disproved a bunch. Like how they don't like garlic because it gives them bad breath...

Anywho, the second season is almost over, and the show doesn't even make sense anymore. The only thing that vampires do in the show is be part of the cast now. Now there are shape shifters, werewolves, and this demon thing that cast a spell on the whole town. The main character can shoot lighting bolts....

It's just not making sense any more.

#2 ·
What brought on this recent market saturation of vampire stuff

#4 ·
Well vampires yes, this twilight teenie bopper stuff though...

I have no idea what true blood is so I'll hold my tongue about it.

#5 ·
Twilight brought shame to the vampire name.

True Blood is a mini-series on HBO about a small town in Louisiana, where vampires exist. They are trying to live their life like anyone else, and the the discrimination they have to endure to be "normal."

#6 ·
"They sparkle" Masso i watch true blood also, did not want to watch it at 1800 so i'm waiting until 2030 to watch....don't ruin it for me! It is a strange series though. whats her face god woman has got to die somehow. Sam is cool with the dog routine, poor Jason, always friggin up. i think it is a good story considering i usually don't watch any series except for dexter and sons of anarchy. only 2 more shows after this then gotta wait for awhile. Anna Paquin is hot though, did you see her boobs last episode, OH ROGUE YOU LITTLE SL@#!! Hard to believe she was in "The Piano"...AMAZING!

#12 ·
IDK true blood is pretty friggin gory! i figured sunday nites are boring as crap anyway, why not watch it. so i started from the first show and gonna ride it out until the end. it does really show some interesting ideas if vampires were real and were "out of the closet" among us and how that would work. kinda cool.

#13 ·
meh, vampire shows are now all about trying to capture the same audience as twilight did. the days of gore filled slaughter fests, wooden stakes and blade are long gone methinks.
This show has it's fair share of gore, last episode a girl got her heart ripped out, and this demon-god-lady thing made this couple eat it. And every episode or so somebody gets drained, vampires get staked and melt into a puddle of goo, they burn in the sunlight.

It's not a fluff film to pick up where Twilight left off... I hope not anyways, Twilight sucked.

#23 ·
One of the things that makes sense in a lot of the recent vampire shows is the getting rid of the old vampire conventions like no reflection in mirrors, no photos, etc. Bill Compton in Trueblood explained it away as "disinformation" from the Vampires themselves. When the mob with torches and pitchforks come for you, you just whip out a handy mirror and say "See, I have a reflection, no Vampires here!". Same for religious icons repelling them, Garlic is just "unpleasant", etc.

Now we have the new BBC America show "Being Human", where a ghost, a vampire, and a werewolf try to blend in while living together in a flat in Britain. Again, some of the Vampire conventions are done away with, they dislike sunlight but it doesn't kill them, they eat regular food in addition to blood, religious icons don't seem to affect them much, etc..

But for some weird reason they decided to keep the "you can't capture a Vampire's image" thing. OK, 120 years ago that might have been a slight inconvenience. Today, you can't do hardly anything without a photo ID. The Vampire works in a hospital, how did he get his ID badge made? Especially in Britain, video cameras are everywhere. Doesn't anybody watching the security monitors ever wonder why the guy on the gurney is rolling down the hallway with no one pushing it? One of the Vampires in the show is a cop, crime scenes tend to attract TV newsfolk. Interviewing empty air? Also, the physics of it boggle the mind. In the show, "no image" means essentially invisible. As in the scene looks completely normal except the vampire isn't in the reflection or film image. How does that work, they are transparent to light normally, but not to the human eye?

#24 ·
Ive been wanting to check that show out.

As far as Vampires go, 30 days of Night was the best vampire movie in years. Love the Blade series, and I like Underworld also. There was a 30 days of night webisode that was really good also.

Twilight did ruin Vampires. I about threw up in my mouth when my wife dragged me to that movie. Shimmer in the sunlight? NO they burn! Every vampire movie I have ever seen has stuck true to the fact that vampires die in sunlight, not Glisten.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.