Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up my new TS at the gun shop. By the time I arrived home is was pouring rain so I did not go to the range. This morning was cloudy so I waited a couple of hours before deciding to make the range trip. During the wait I cleaned the TS and compared it to my ATI Stocked Classic 995. The length from the trigger to the back of the butt pad on the TS is the same as my classic which has an extended butt pad. I like all of the rails on the TS and the spring dampened butt pad.

By the time the weather cleared my wife was out of bed, so I had to switch the TS into the classic's carbine bag to keep from catching a lot of grief about a new gun.

At 100' I fired 5 shots which all were grouped 2" right & 1.5" above B.E. I had a friend with me who fired 5 shots which impacted in the same area. The rear windage was set on center mark. I made all adjustments & fired 2 shots that were 1" closer to B.E. By the time I adjusted impact area to B.E. windage was all the way to left side of sight. On closer inspection, I found that the front sight was rotated at least 1/8" to left of barrel. After adjusting front sight then re-adjusting windage, I was blowing the center out of the target. My eyesite is not good enough to shoot at a longer distance with iron sights. I will install a scope before trying longer shots. I fired 100 rds of WWB from wally world with 0 failures. I believe the spring loaded butt pad provides some relief to the shoulder when firing many rds.

At this point I like the TS, however before I decide that I prefer it over the ATI Classic, I am going to take both to the range and fire 100 rds in each side by side to make a decision. When I ordered the TS I was considering giving my classic to my son or daughter. I may end up keeping both of them.

I will add some accessories to the TS, scope, big button mag release, Grip Pod LE, laser & tac light, etc. Also have planned accessory mag holder that will attach to stock. No pics at this time, all new TSs look the same. Following are pics of my classic. Will have photos of mod TS soon.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Yet another person with the TS and a factory mis-aligned front sight. I think that makes 12 of us that I know of...good thing they adjust!

Good info, hope you can make the decision, one way or the other...you may have to keep both! :angel:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Great report MoHawk. I really like my TS, never had a classic. Seems to be a common problem with the new TS's the they come from the factory with the front sights needing tweaking.

PS: keep them both! :D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
here is what i did with mine, and it was WAY off....i always put on red dots and while messing around with it in the house i could not get it to co witness with the aimpoint for nothing. the aimpoint was right down the center of the barrel inline with my laser boresight. i could not get the front site to line up for crap. so i took it off, then the under barrel rail seemed flimsy without the support of the front site in the slot. so i had an extra front site and i cut that sucker off and ground it down so that i only had a ring with the slot for the under barrel rail to slide into. problem solved, now it just looks like a barrel band that supports the rail. i thought my aimpoint was bad at first and dialed that sucker to each extreme.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roadkill, that was my first thought; cut the front sight off & use it to hold the rail. I have a neighbor who owns a machine shop. I going to talk with him & have a ring made to replace the front sight so I can keep it intact. Every time I cut off something I want it back in the future.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wrxty, the 2nd pouch from the bottom would work. I was thinking more along the line of an individual mag pouch on each side of the stock with a velcro strap running through the openings in the stock to hold in place. I think that type of setup would be more compact.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
wrxty, the 2nd pouch from the bottom would work. I was thinking more along the line of an individual mag pouch on each side of the stock with a velcro strap running through the openings in the stock to hold in place. I think that type of setup would be more compact.
That would work also. Let me know what you use Im interested in keeping cost down also.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The rail came from Bushman Parts, the charging handle, mag release button & shroud are from mold99 on eBay. The last time I checked Bushman's web site there were no parts available.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wrxty, I am having right ankle surgery on Oct. 5th, so I will have plenty of time to study the mod. I will make a post when I come up with the necessary parts for the mag carrier. I am going to make something that can be completly removed from the stock in case it would need to be sent to HP.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
wrxty, I am having right ankle surgery on Oct. 5th, so I will have plenty of time to study the mod. I will make a post when I come up with the necessary parts for the mag carrier. I am going to make something that can be completly removed from the stock in case it would need to be sent to HP.
Cool in the mean time Im going to look into myself. should be fairly easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.