Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting for my 995 TS to arrive and want to either put on a Halo or red dot scope. I also want to keep the factory sights intact. What's the best choice to use so the sights and scope will work together. I have a 4x24 scope on my 995, but want to try something different on the TS.......can't wait for it to arrive

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
The problem is that you will have to remove the rear sight to install a scope. If you can find scope ring mounts that will fit over the front sight it would mean that the scope was sitting up pretty high.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You need to get a 1-4x24 CQ Mid range scope. It's a do all scope: 1x close range like a red dot sight and 4x for mid ranges. They are very popular on AR15s in 3 gun matches. You can Take the top of the front sight off like you see in the picture.

Konus M30 1-4x24 Illuminated dot scope with Burris XTR rings.

GC

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thats one of the best looking logs Ive ever seen! But what is that big mean looking black thing on top of it? Someone should really make a law to get rid of all mean looking black things that make loud noises!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice setup, but I'm looking to keep the factory sights, rear and front and mount either a red dot or a reflex on the top rail forward of the rear sights..looking for something that will co-witness with the factory sights.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
A scope can't co-witness so you will need a RD sight. The Konus Pro Atomic Aimpoint T-1 style RD sight will co-witness the factory sights.

I don't miss the factory sights on mine at all. In my opinion they suck.

GC

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was planning on getting a Red Dot and mount it forward of the factory sights. Just looking for something that will work, that someone else has already tried.........I do believe that was my original question about using a Red Dot and the factory sights.........sorry if I put the word scope in and confused anyone, my bad

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, picked up the TS yesterday, and put on a Tru Glo RD sight that I had purchased a few years ago. It' a tight fit but it just clears the factory rear sight. I bore sighted it with the "iron" sights and then dialed in the RD sight and it looks like it will co-witness ok. I plan on going to the range this weekend and give it a try. Since I have a extra rear sight from my 995 I am going to slightly modify the cage so I can have a little more clearance and be able to use the flip up lens covers. I also plan to re-coat the receiver cover and the sight cage in a matte finish...........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.