ts stock upgrade worth it?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Hansj3, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

I got a monkey gun, and I like the ts look. Is there any problems or reasons not to switch?

2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Just get another one in the TS. Will give you the newer features not available on the old and you will still have the classic.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    If you like it better, go for it. It's only $40 for the stock kit and your 995 will drop right in.

I'm the opposite. I keep turning my TSs into monkeys.

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Make a deal with each other...

5. New stock

It depends on what you want. I like the looks of the old carbine myself, but all that is available new is the latest one, which IS easier to accessorize. Before I bought mine I saw the Folding Stock conversion during my research, & figured that the new design with the skeletal stock members would be a better candidate to bob & add a Czech VZ-58 folding stock. I Bought a complete new
    Stock @ $44. from Hi Point as the donor to cut up. I Think it was a good choice because the sturdy heel behind the receiver was needed to support the skeleton stock, that I sawed off. The project is going well, & I'll open a thread with pictures about it when finished. I'm keeping the original stock until I'm certain the new folder makes me happy.
    The new stock kit comes with everything you need to switch from the original, & is very reasonable direct from Hi Point @ $44..

6. cicpup

Vermont
    Yea. It works real good like.

Attached Files:

7. I LIKE IT - Looks great, I'm getting there with mine. Keeping Iron Sights - but different & adding Green Laser.

Love to see your folders interior anchoring system.

THANKS FOR SHARING.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Love to see the MUDROCK FOLDER!!! :D

9. cicpup

Vermont
  10. Moving ahead with my folder.

Thanks, Appreciate the help. Mine is somewhat different. I'd better take pictures from the stage I'm at; Getting ready to install my stock anchor, which is a little longer than yours & is hook shaped on the inside end, which will be molded into JB weld in a cavity. Also using steel rods in some of the cross holes for strength, & a thin steel plate between the VZ stock & Plastic butt portion. Expecting extreme rigidity & strength.

11. NOW 90% complete. Folder attachment is all I hoped it would be. Fits me perfectly & replacement peep sight is easy to use. Soon as I take final pictures, I will start a new show & tell all thread.