Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:'(
Well This Tuesday the 25th My wife deploys to The sand box again. After this she will have more deployment time than I did.

Only once more she is leaving the boy with me, at least this time he is two instead of four months old.

Also on the 25th he and I will venture out the door for a trip to Oregon were we will stay with the grandma till I find a house and a job.

So we have started to pack the house out and put it into storage. SUCK. Short notice as we only decided to make the journey last week.

Almost done packing out just a few odds and ends and then clean.

I will be driving the truck with the bed loaded with a bunch of stuff. Can you guess what. Yes and some cloths and what not also. HEHE.

I will be making the trip with a trailer in tow as well with both the Quads. Yea, Me and a two year old with a loaded rig for a few days as we travel.

Over the river and threw the woods to Grandmother's house we go. FOR REAL. ALONE with a terrible two's Boy.

PVT Murphy says something will go wrong??!!!!!!

A truck flat? No prob.
A Trailer flat? No prob I have a spare.

Ooh, the truck braking down. Yep. then I'd be Bum rapped hard!

However it is an 03 F150 4X4 with just under 100,000 miles, well taken care of. However worked half to death often. But it is a truck.

Me? My back is about broke and Some how I cant get any sleep.

Three days and counting. Holly shat..

So yea, Drop the wife off to fly at 3am the 25th come back and have final housing inspection at 10am. Drive to Oregon...

Man Oh Man. Am I in for it or what.

:'(

And that concludes my sissy whining for now.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Good luck and God Speed. We'll see you when you get back on after a safe trip to Oregon.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
keep your chin up bro. ....as a bit of advice from a dad that just took a 18month old on a week long move to AK if you have a extra 100 dollars go to wally world and pick up one of those portable dvd players they are a true godsent for long drives....

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Either that, or get a 110 volt power inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter/power port in your truck. That way you can use your laptop as a dvd player and keep the kid entertained and out of your hair.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Either that, or get a 110 volt power inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter/power port in your truck. That way you can use your laptop as a dvd player and keep the kid entertained and out of your hair.
Oh yes... the Laptop DVD Player. The way the law is written, as long as it's a DVD and not a Television signal via the air, you cannot be ticketed for watching television here in SC... Weak I know, but I've seen it.

Good luck Thay... and that Ford should get you there just fine. Just turn off the OD on inclines.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good luck and god speed to your wife, best suggestion I can make about da boy is to not let him see how frustrated you are when it gets stressful they pick up on that and it drives them nuts and in turn they act out 100xs more then normal. BElive it or not two is not as terrible as three for some reason that age they really find their independence and never let up. Have a safe trip.

·
Banned
5,286 Posts
the Terrible Two's isn't age of 2.. its 2 years of the devil taking over your child!!

My son turns 3 on Sept. 7.. I've been told terrible two's is from 18 mo. - 3 1/2 yrs of age.

·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LMAO. At you above. Yep. two to what is it these days 22, Yes After 18. LOL

Yea I have the inverter for the puter to play the DVD for the little man. Also tons of the Kid snack junk food and drinks.

About that over drive. Let me tell ya, We took this trip to Michigan then up threw Wisconsin to Yellow stone to Oregon.
Any Way's Climbing the Back roads in YS Towing aloaded trailer and Truck doing about 5-15MPH I didnt turn the OD off.
At the top when I shut down to take a few picks she dumped about a cup of antifeeze. Fired her back up and reved it to cycle the juice. Cooled right down.

Used OD after that and had no further probs. such low RPMS if OD not used that the fluid never exchange3s fast enough to keep her cool. >>>>>>> Also Have underdrive pullies, Dont help that Water pump at low RPM.

Very little left to do now just last minute stuff........ I hope.

·
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Tuesday August 25th/ made it

Well not more than 10 miles out the gate I had two straps for the Quads give. Some idiot put them were they shouldnt have been. (ME)

Then all was well till we started to get close to the Cheyenne Wyoming area when the rain came so hard I had to put the power on to go DOWN hill.

The mountains in Oregon, US20 were a breeze to go up. The way down would have melted my brakes so I put here in second gear (auto ) and rolled about 40-45mph.

Long as heck drive OMG. Any way all was well kid hung in there for me.

Truck is a champ.

My back, Well it was already broke off before we even left. Now HHMMMPPHH. I a cripple sissy boy.

No word from the wife however I can only expect that she made it to Kuwait and plying Army has yet to make it to a phone or internet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Way to be the hero man, thats such a long drive... My brother is stationed at Riley, and we are from western Idaho and that makes for a reallllllyyyy long drive! I can't imagine one more state!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts