Tuff1 Universal Gun Grips

Discussion in 'Consumer Reviews' started by Floridacamorebel, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Floridacamorebel

Floridacamorebel Member

I recently purchased a Tuff1 Death Grip in black. Shipping took about 5 days to Florida, which was a very impatient time for me because I couldn't wait to get this amazing product. First thing I must say is the packaging was well padded and secure, along with good presentation. Opening the package up and placing the grip in my hand I could imediatly feel the grippy texture, which felt like it had a light layer of talcum powder on it. The dry dusty grip feeling it had soon went away with constant handling but did not effect the function of the grip. To fix this issue I highly recommend reapplying a light layer of talcum powder whenever needed, by doing this you really bring out the best in this product. Since the grip is thick and durable but also thin enough it does not effect grip negatively, it wraps right around the handle and does not change the natural curves of the stock handle. Installation was very simple you just roll it inside out and work the grip back and forth until you like the placement and cut any excess off. One thing I have noticed is improper placement. The best way to place the grip is to have the TUFF1 logo even on the lower rear of the handle facing you, by doing this you will have lined up all of the grip design with your palm and fingers. For all of us Hipoint owners out there, we know how bad the stock grips are, add sweaty hands and its a disaster. With this grip my groupings have gotten much tighter, my follow up shots and holstered draw have gotten much quicker. Tuff1 offers 3 different styles Double cross, Boa and Death grip. in many different colors including pink. For those wondering there is no difference in grip from the 3 different styles. I spoke with one of the owners briefly and earned my loyalty as lifetime customer. The employees are extremely nice, patient and respectful, they will gladly answer any questions and have wonderful customer service. Tuff1 also has a great lifetime warranty plan, if the grips tear while using them, which is unlikely they will replace them. If anyone is thinking about ordering one of these grips DO NOT HESITATE order one now for $16.95.

http://www.tuff1.com

8543 N Dixie Dr, Dayton, OH 45414
    (888) 998-8331

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Thanks for the review. :)

Dayton? No kidding? That's my back yard. :)

I probably go by there from time to time and don't even know it.

According to Google Maps, it's like 1,500 feet as-the-crow-flies from the freeway.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    WELCOME to HPFF, Florida Camo Rebel!

(FCR for short)

Do you sell these or are you connected to the company in any way?
    :confused:

4. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

5. Floridacamorebel

Floridacamorebel Member

sadly no i do not sell them nor am I connected with them in any way. I'm just a loyal customer and thought I should share in detail a great product for other Hipoint owners. You will not regret owning one they are fantastic grips, check in your area for a dealer or order online. and thank you for the welcome.

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The posting IP address does, in fact, map to Florida, for whatever that's worth. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I should check it out then!

I need a couple grips like these...

Skulls are a running joke around here, specifically Skull Stickers ;)

Stay around!

8. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

If they only made them in Hello Kitty...

9. Floridacamorebel

Floridacamorebel Member

the only reasons i am drawn to the Death grip is my love for the Punisher comics, even though it has nothing to do with the Punisher i still like skulls because of that. and if you look at all reviews for Tuff1 you will see reviews for the boa and double cross pattern but nothing really descriptive about the Death Grip so i figured id kill 2 birds with one stone on this.

10. Floridacamorebel

Floridacamorebel Member

you never know, if enough female shooters request it they just might.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Might be trademark issues.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. Floridacamorebel

Floridacamorebel Member

thats true. perhaps just the bows would be nice.
    but yes they are in your back yard. Pay them a visit they are extremely friendly.

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

They're, literally, one block away from MKS Supply, the distributors for Hi Point firearms.

MKS Supply Inc
    8611 N Dixie Dr
    Dayton, OH 45414

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. Floridacamorebel

Floridacamorebel Member

Yes sir indeed they are. I was informed that the owners of Hipoint and Tuff1 ended up becoming really good friends because they used to be in the same parking lot across from each other.

15. Floridacamorebel

Floridacamorebel Member

More reviews and some top secret info are on the way. stay tuned and look for my other post and reviews.
    Thanks for viewing.