Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off this is not reporting everything, there were 2 burglaries at 8028 s. wheeling. the lakes apartments. a few months ago that do not show up. the reason i know is because they were the company vehicle i drive. not to mention many other incidents that have happened here such as assaults and vandalism..

is it just new to the point everything is not on there, or is this like the up to date the police are giving you. if it is the up to date they are withholding information.

http://www.fox23.com/news/spotcrime/default.aspx

2nd off today there was a theft and assault in our complex 3 young black men and a young white teen boy from jenks. i witnessed the whole drama filled scenario.

when i called 911 it took an hour and a half for the police to show up to an assult where a weapon was brandished. whats wrong with this picture. the 3 thugs stole an electronic item from a young man then commenced to beating him up and threatening him with a knife.. the young man showed up as my wife and i were leaving to go to the aquarium and met 3 black men out in the parking lot. he was selling one of them his i touch he listed on craigslist. the big guy ripped it out of his hands and the three black guys started running down the apartment complex road towards their apartment. the young man that they stole it from took off barefoot following them. thats when they circled him and started fighting with him. the big guy basically took a cheap shot and then they all started walking away and then one started coming back brandishing a knife. he told the young man if he came back to their hood "the apartment complex i live in aka the lakes" they would stab and shoot him and for him to stay away. he left with his thug friends to their rat hole.

all this happened while i had 911 on the phone and it took the police an hour and half to show up... by then we were tired of waiting and went on our way and the young man that was robbed and assaulted said he was getting a lawyer because he had the phone number and knew where the three thugs lived..

whats wrong with this picture??? alot imho.. someone could have gotten killed someone already got hurt. i personally have a ccw and will use it to protect a life. i dont like being in a situation like that but thats just the way it is..

the police are willing to let neone become a statistic anymore and all they want do is be a cleanup crew it seems..

and secondly why all the sudden is this a hood. this used to be a halfway descent place till about 6 to 7 months ago. then went down hill fast, from thugs setting on the stairs carrying billy bats to ghetto music at all times of the night.

this place has really changed a lot since the wife and i moved here. i thought phoenix was bad, thats where we came from but hate to say it tulsa cuts the cake.

i guess we need another Sherrif Joe Arpaio out here, because he puts the fear of pink in the prisoners eyes lol..

ne ways this is all really getting to me and alot of others around the city, these incidents are not just in one area. something needs to be done and be done fast. before to long it is going to get to far out of hand, to the point i believe marshal law may have to be implemented due to the lack of local police pressence..

thank you for at least reading. big john

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
This is why YOU carry "When seconds count police are moments [or hours in your case] away. When you can get your CCW [if you don't have it already] and protect yourself. With the economic situation and other factors it's gonna get a whole lot worse. Gangs and "the entitlement"groups are getting much more in your face.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Cheer up if the guy survived there is a lot more falling to do before you get to say New Orleans now that the Latino gangs have moved into town. Forget being PC this thing has got to be stopped and now, but Nero seems intent to play the political fiddle.

Carry or regret it, and dont be too quick to protect strangers you just dont know the hell that can come down on you from lawsuits to over aggressive DAs to drive by retributions.

I dont even leave the house without a .45 and a 9mm both with extra clips and a carbine in the truck. I am tempted to OC the carbine but the sheeple would just make life too interesting. I wont allow my wife to go out by herself without checking her taser AND taking one of the pitbulls along for the ride. Such is life post Katrina and the current politicians in office.

How long will we put up with this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Things are tough all over I guess...at least you don't live here in IL, where the perps know for sure you are not carrying. Makes me want to never leave the house, but of course I do; armed with only a pig-sticker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.