Tumbling bullet at 5yrds ! C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by daveindenver, Mar 15, 2017.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yes, it is unreasonable. Kirk already answered this.

You aren't seeing wobble, you are seeing the way the target reacts to pressure and a "non-sharp" object that is basically pushing stuff out of the way, not cutting or even punching it, unless it is going very fast. If you were shooting harder/firmer stuff, you might see cleaner holes.

That's why they use wadcutters for target shooting. They "cut" a clean hole in the target.

2. daveindenver

daveindenver Supporting Member

Ooops. I meant to type the "3rd pic" of Magteck which have crisper holes... not the 2nd pic.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yeah. Not that it matters, the holes prove nothing...but...we can read.;)

4. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Well Beretta won the M9 contract because even though the Soldiers liked the Ruger P85 more than the Beretta, it was 5.00 more a unit AND the Italians basically said: Buy the Beretta or we are gonna close Aviano AFB.

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

They offered free spaghetti and cheap wine to all Americans. And it was a better looking pistol. God you people don't know sh!t about history. :mad::mad:

6. wrench459

wrench459 Member

Found this in a FAQ interesting...

We recommend a light crimp on the bullet, just enough to put pressure against the bullet without denting or deforming the plating. If you were to pull the bullet out of a case with the proper crimp you would find no more than a scratch on the surface of the plating. If you are denting or deforming the bullet, your accuracy will suffer and the bullet may start to tumble before it hits the target.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    When did the top level brass or bean counters ever worry about what the soldiers liked?:confused:

8. misterjhpc9

misterjhpc9 Member

No need to hang your head about it, you got a great little gun for 85 buck's and hi point will surely fix it for you and give you a free mag for the trouble.

9. daveindenver

Tumbling & keyhole solved with replacement Barrel - Yea!

New barrel = keyhole problem gone. Mom did the ramp and misc too. In addition to the nice little round holes it now makes the C9 cycle fantastic! :dance:

Pics from the start of this thread show all the tumbling and even perfect bullet profiles at just 5yrds. Perfecta was the worst.... but take a look now of the before and after. WOW!

(FYI... I shot from the very same boxes of ammo as in original test of 4 diff brands. Same improved results with new barrel on all 4 ammo's. Just posted Perfecta since it was the most dramatic and shows what an in-spec barrel can do even with the cheap stuff.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  10. What a difference a good barrel makes!
    Did they tell you what was wrong with the old one?

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    They (MoM's KidZ) were using it for a "coke:cool:straw" and left it out on the breakroom table. The cleaning lady saw it and put it in with the new stock barrels, d.i.d. was the lucky recipient! :D Seems the blow had eroded the chamber and riflings enough to throw little Davey for a loop!

12. daveindenver

I wish they would have described the barrel problem too but they did not. They just listed the tasks they did, a test firing and returned that target... which was obviously much better than the several targets I sent them.

So nice to now have my C9 as non-picky reliable as my 995ts. Grab and go.

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Good news DiD. It was hard to pinpoint what was really wrong with all the variations you threw in there, but you got it solved thanks to mom.:)

Notice the non sharp edges of the nicely round holes in the new target...that's one of the things that made it hard to tell....

14. misterjhpc9

misterjhpc9 Member

No glock lost because they failed to meet the military criteria, the military asked for specific things and glock just rolled out the same ole plain glock.