Two in the Heart, One in the Head

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by Win94ae, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Win94ae

Win94ae Member

Took the Hi-Point JHP 45acp out today to take 3 shots.

I had been point shooting since the only sight I had was the peep; but after a bit of practicing, successfully using the sights I made, I figured I'd see if I could get it right the first time today.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZ7m2SScMM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZ7m2SScMM[/ame]

I did good; although, I am a lot slower now. Hopefully speed will come once I get used to using sights.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Good enough to make a corpse!

3. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

it's all in the hat ;)

when you say ''sights i made'', what do you mean? toss up some pics of what you did, so we all can see please.

5. Win94ae

Win94ae Member

In this post I have a video where I display the sight, sight it in, and I try it out.
    It is just a piece of banding material that I cut then bent to fit into the inlet for the regular sights.

I have gotten more precise with it by taking my time.

...and yes, the hat used to be my little secret. ;)

Thank you for the comments everyone.

6. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Good shootin! What were ya lookin arround for after ya shot? Reminded me of a kid that just did something bad and was lookin to see if anyone saw!

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

my guess is, force of habit, to make sure he is ''all clear'' on all sides from other shooters and obstructions, such as bystanders. range safety 101

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Clear the area around you for any other bad guys.

9. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

That film clip can't be for real. Hi-Points are inexpensive, and everyone knows that low-priced guns can't be accurate or dependable (sarcasm off).

Nice shooting!

10. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Never shot anywhere where it was more than just me n my dad n my uncle. Both clubs I belonged to in my life were usualy desolate. So I'm not used to shootin w a bunch of people. As far as bad guys.... I thing he dropped that cardboard boogeyman pretty darn well;)

11. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

http://youtu.be/8xrx1Gtr9u4 One for the hp haters;) share w to everyone who talks smack on hp:)

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

same premise as, a gun is always loaded, a range is always crowded. you should always check. never know when someone you werent aware was there, be it your wife, your son, the little kid up the street may have happened along to see what you were doing....bad things happen only when you dont check.

13. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I hear ya! Just never thought of doing it after I have shot. Back in the days when my dad and I used the 300yrd range obviously communication w other shooters was key. But I can only remember 2x when we were not alone at the range.

14. Win94ae

Win94ae Member

Yep, it is to remember that there may be more than one threat. So I make sure there are no threats before I holster the weapon.

It is part of the defensive mindset. I might not ever need it, but I'm ready in case I do.

Thanks again everyone!

15. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

This is something my oldest son (Marine Recon) does without fail.

16. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Hey Moe!...... How did the boy like the Marine Recon training?

17. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Nice range report!

18. TRWXXA

TRWXXA Member

Nice job!

Yes... Bad guys travel in packs. After dropping a ne'er-do-well, you'd better look around for his friends who are gonna want to exact some revenge on your @ss. Bring the weapon down to a low-ready position and scan the area. A low-ready position lets you see more of the area around you including what's on the ground. Just because the miscreant went down, doesn't mean he's gonna stay there. Bad guys with fatal wounds have still killed people.