TX passes bill that will hand out fines for posting no guns signs

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by tallbump, May 24, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

http://concealednation.org/2015/05/tx-passes-bill-that-will-hand-out-fines-for-posting-no-guns-signs/

God Bless Texas

2. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Why just the gov't entities? Why not ALL places?

3. tallbump

My guess it would be a lot harder to do. The government can tell itse;f what to do. It would be a tough sell to tell a business what to do.

We've been through this discussion before. Personally, I don't think a business generally open to the public should be able to prevent customers from carrying, but I am in the minority about that.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yep...they can refuse to let you be able to defend yourself, but they can't refuse to cater your gay wedding.:cool:

Odd, isn't it?

Meanwhile, it's too bad they can't apply this law to a Federal buildings.;)

5. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

If it's CCW they shouldn't know.

7. tallbump

Thanks, exactly what I was thinking, but was trying to be nice :D

I can sorta almost see the distinction between open carry and conceal carry in a don't ask don't tell kinda sense. But then to use Ajole's example, you can see how that doesn't quite work either.

I 100% believe that a business shouldn't be forced to compromise it's belief in regards to creating a product (wedding cake, t-shirt) promoting a belief that is contrary to their beliefs, but at the same time, they shouldn't be able to restrict access to someone in violation of their constitutional rights.

TO clarify, I don't think Chick-fil-A should not be allowed to refuse service or access in the restaurant for the purpose of regular business, like buying a meal to anyone carrying a firearm or who is a homosexual, however I do believe they should have the right not to be able to cater a NRA event or a same sex marriage.

I also know that others will disagree with me, and I can live with that

8. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Odd? That's putting it nicely.