Type of Holster

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Newskate9, Dec 17, 2007.

1. I'm getting ready to purchase a more serious holster for carrying my M&P. Both Leather and Kydex come in open and closed bottom styles. Closed offer protection. Open allows "stuff" to fall out and is cleaner; so they say.

Any thoughts on which is better? I think open would be shorter in length which is good. Any many of the better leather holsters are closed.

So, looking for input please!

2. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Open is better IMHO. Closed holsters can hold dirt, clothing fuzz and moisture, none of which is good for a gun.

For leather i personally stock with galco. Pricey but worth it. Thye have both open and closed style holsters. Bianchi is also good but they have less selection for newer guns.

SW

3. Ridge

Ridge Member

Back when I had my Sigma, I had a black vinyl holster...AMS, its made here in CO...I dropped like $20 for it at the gunshop I bought the pistol from...was a great holster...closed bottom, with a thumbstrap over the top...the belt loop and the thumbstrap could be switched around to be used on either side...also had a pouch on the front for a second mag, but I didnt use it too much...too bulky, IMO...

[​IMG]

4. Open bottom holsters are what I prefer.

5. Ari

Ari Guest

I like a Fobus paddle holster

6. Check out a black hawk serpa holster i swear by them as do a lot of my co-workers very safe and very cost efective.