Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
61 degrees this morning before lunch. It was 46 when I parked my car after work. Supposed to be in the low 30’s high 20’s tonight and start snowing about 1am. Tomorrow they are calling for 36 degrees.

Typical, at least it’s not in the single digits here.

I need to find a place that never falls below 78 and never rises above 84.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,079 Posts
61 degrees this morning before lunch. It was 46 when I parked my car after work. Supposed to be in the low 30's high 20's tonight and start snowing about 1am. Tomorrow they are calling for 36 degrees.

Typical, at least it's not in the single digits here.

Good luck.

Its 1° out with wind chill of -17° its cold today. Snow is very little but the winter chill has arrived

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
61 degrees this morning before lunch. It was 46 when I parked my car after work. Supposed to be in the low 30's high 20's tonight and start snowing about 1am. Tomorrow they are calling for 36 degrees.

Someplace near the ocean, between the equator and about 25 degrees north or south. 78-84 will be tough, but that will probably get you 65-90, depending on storms and wind currents.

·
Premium Member
9,308 Posts

You need to go to Hawaii for that kind of weather. You'll just have to deal with a government that is arguable worse than that of the Democratic People's Republic of Kaliforniastan.

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
I've been told my future home isn't too bad. Was -3° at my house today and 78° at hers...
Think about that. 78 in January.

How hot is July or August going to be?

Too hot for me, in my experience.

But some people like it that way, so...hope that's you!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,079 Posts
You need to go to Hawaii for that kind of weather. You'll just have to deal with a government that is arguable worse than that of the Democratic People's Republic of Kaliforniastan.
The weather was nice there. Except that hurricane I went through.

·
Premium Member
9,308 Posts
The weather was nice there. Except that hurricane I went through.
That hurricane happened before I was there. I PCS'ed before any other hurricanes hit, but a really nice tropical storm hit right after I took off for a TDY for a combined exercise. USARPAC Main was incommunicado with us for a day after that.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,079 Posts
That hurricane happened before I was there. I PCS'ed before any other hurricanes hit, but a really nice tropical storm hit right after I took off for a TDY for a combined exercise. USARPAC Main was incommunicado with us for a day after that.
Laos was always good for sauna season.

·
Premium Member
7,051 Posts
I've never been to Laos. The worst humidity I ever experienced was in--believe or not--Kuwait, about six and a half years ago. It was worse than Florida's worst days. And it smelled like a wet dog, too.
I hear a lot of them over there smell that way.

·
Premium Member
7,051 Posts

Well, we are going to 0 or below in another hour or two. Warming up tomorrow they say to possibly 21 degrees.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,079 Posts
I've never been to Laos. The worst humidity I ever experienced was in--believe or not--Kuwait, about six and a half years ago. It was worse than Florida's worst days. And it smelled like a wet dog, too.
The jungle was the most miserable hell on earth. I always wondered if I stepped were a young @FlashBang stepped years before.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,079 Posts
@FlashBang went to Laos, too? Damn, 25th ID gets to have all the fun. They were always sending people to Thailand and other places for combined exercises.
Cobra Gold 3 times. Thailand was a home away from home.

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Humidity will do me in every time.
The worst I've experienced was in Panama. Walking out of an A/C environment and into the night was like walking into a brick wall and took my breath away.
Second worse was during a July business trip in Tokyo. Walked of of my hotel and within five minutes of being on the street my suit was soaked through in my own sweat.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
@FlashBang went to Laos, too? Damn, 25th ID gets to have all the fun. They were always sending people to Thailand and other places for combined exercises.
I wasn't in Thailand for Cobra Gold, I was there doing OPs across the fence into Laos at the end of the war looking for reported POWs being held there.

·
Premium Member
9,308 Posts
I wasn't in Thailand for Cobra Gold, I was there doing OPs across the fence into Laos at the end of the war looking for reported POWs being held there.
Those must have been interesting missions--and frustrating, too. What happened to our POWs was unconscionable, and it must have been the mother of all let-downs every time you came back empty handed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts