Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 447 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-points in general and the 995 in particular are maligned by many as "ugly" guns. I'll admit, my fondness for the 995 only flourished as a result of this forum and was certainly not present the first time I saw one. But ugly is as ugly does and I now have a real liking for HPs. So, to hold a mirror up to the rest of the industry, I propose a picture thread of guns "uglier" than Hi-Points, knowing full well that beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or beer-holder) and that there will certainly be disagreements aplenty. Have fun!

I humbly submit an "ugly" from my own collection, the Mossberg 695 bolt-action 12GA.

It always looks to me like somebody knocked up a rifle's kid sister.

-'bridge

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the franken AK

Ok i have thi spostol build AMD-65. i ended up with it when i guy walked into the shop and asked me if i like gun projects. i said "sure", he said "here ya go" and handed me a box. all the welding (save a couple small touch up spots) was done by him and the godawful bending job was partial. he had apprently used a vise of some kind. the reciver is so oversize that convention pins wouldnt work so i ended up using stove bolts to hold the FCG together. it ended up so awful i kept it that way to show how crappily an AK can be put together and still function properly. Yes it works, yes it safe (ive shot 1000+ rounds through it) and yes its legal (i cheked). It was voted the worst AK build job ever on AKfiles and AKforums both.

and thusly i present the franken AK!

SW

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
OMG, my eyes!!!!!

I've got one, the homely Nagant revolver, I thing these things are gawd aweful.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I like the look of the Nagant Revolvers dude..... SW, that AK is Hideous!!! LOL!

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
That AK is a beast...looks like it got ran over by a convoy of trucks then a blind guy with a welder tried to put it back together lol.

I'm amazed that it still functions. Is that the one that you were shooting in your YT videos?

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
That AK is a beast...looks like it got ran over by a convoy of trucks then a blind guy with a welder tried to put it back together lol.

I'm amazed that it still functions. Is that the one that you were shooting in your YT videos?
yep.

SW

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
no not mine :cantlook:

Saw a pink camo AR at a gun show but this thing takes the cake, Whats next the Hanna Montanna model????? [twisted]

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
That Ak...is...AWESOME!!!!

Ugly...oh yes. But, THAT is the kind of thing you'd expect to see on the set of "Firefly". It's bodged-together and so crappy that it's beautiful in the fact that it still functions, and well!! That's the kind of gun the owner can TRULY trust his or her life with....

Simply because if anyone tries to disarm 'em, they will have NO idea how the hell it works!

p.s.

How DARE you criticize the Nagant revolver! It's got a certain Steampunk-era charm and many a party member carried that proud little gun during the Great Patriotic War.... not that it did much against Nazi hardware, but that never stopped the Red Army!

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Neo: I never really paid attention to the Nagant revolver but I have to agree it does look very Steampunk-ish. Now I'm thinking of giving my old single-shot 20GA a Steampunk treatment. Love that look.

-'b

1 - 20 of 447 Posts