Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there another type or brand of magazine that will fit the Hi Point 45 JHP? That extended mag at the bottom just takes away all the charactor of the pistol. Dont get me wrong, I love Hi Point. I have the 380, 45 JHP and soon to get the C9. I just wish the 45 had a smaller mag that didnt hang out of the handle.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
There is not another mag brand that will fit. I have heard of another user on the forum modifying a 1911 mag to fit a jhp. i believe he used a dremmel to cut out a mag catch for the Jhp using a factory mag as a templete.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am the other member who moded a 1911 mag to fit. it works great :lol:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I have used 1911 mags for the ruger 345 and did one for my hi point both works. As I have many around the hose not worried if it does not work

·
Registered
137 Posts
I removed the batt. pack from my mag, reinserted the mag, marked it for length, cut it off with dremmel cutting wheel, then smothed and squared the bottom with sanding wheel, then cut a piece of hard rubber sinplicity mower deck wheel, leaving a 5/16 tower to go up inside the mag bottom, smoothed and rounded and tapered the new bottom, cut off 1 in. of spring, put 2 round head screws in the bottom to align the spring, then inserted the new bottom into the mag, and secured with 2 small 1/2 in. long screws. Painted the grips with fusion, and I took her to the range to make sure it worked, and it was flawless, except it is now only 7+1, but it is mostly a night stand home envader protector, and if 8 is not enough, then I'm in trouble. Jim <><

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here is a pic of the mag only, very simple, and makes the JHP one handsome piece of shooting machinery, as well as dependable and quite possibly the best buy on the market, and it is (American). The grinder mark tells me it is full. Jim <><

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
I removed the batt. pack from my mag, reinserted the mag, marked it for length, cut it off with dremmel cutting wheel, then smothed and squared the bottom with sanding wheel, then cut a piece of hard rubber sinplicity mower deck wheel, leaving a 5/16 tower to go up inside the mag bottom, smoothed and rounded and tapered the new bottom, cut off 1 in. of spring, put 2 round head screws in the bottom to align the spring, then inserted the new bottom into the mag, and secured with 2 small 1/2 in. long screws. Painted the grips with fusion, and I took her to the range to make sure it worked, and it was flawless, except it is now only 7+1, but it is mostly a night stand home envader protector, and if 8 is not enough, then I'm in trouble. Jim <><

That was descriptive but I need visual help is it possible to break this down in pics? I think I could do it then, if not it's cool, I like the look of that though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts