Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or any suggestions for an OLD round guy. I bought the OWB paddle holster from Hi-Point and am not impressed. I am right handed and, as stated, round in shape.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Kenny

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
Wolfy - we have a member here- @CamoDeafie - who makes things. I bought a horizontal holster from him a while back for my JHP and really like it. Great workmanship AND he can work to your specs. Give him a shout

Reactions: 7000al and Wolfpaak

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Wolfy - we have a member here- @CamoDeafie - who makes things. I bought a horizontal holster from him a while back for my JHP and really like it. Great workmanship AND he can work to your specs. Give him a shout
I'm currently not taking holster work or gear work on for a while, as I have a baby to raise, and she takes so much of my attention that I haven't really worked on anything sewing related for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
I'm currently not taking holster work or gear work on for a while, as I have a baby to raise, and she takes so much of my attention that I haven't really worked on anything sewing related for a while.
And she's a cutie, CD. Got your priorities right!

Reactions: CamoDeafie

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
And if she's active in sports or extra curriculars, stand by to be busy for the next 18 to 21. Covid is the only reason I have free time now, and I'm retired!

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Wolfpaak I've used an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Vertical Shoulder Holster (their p/n is 830-831 and it's like $45 on their site) with my JCP 40. As you know it's not a small gun, so ymmv with concealment, but I wear mine around my property and it's functional. "Round" shouldn't be too much of a problem - my rig has a lot of adjustment, and I'm not a particularly svelte guy either ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Two friends of mine, (both cops) have been using those when off duty for quite a while, and are very happy with the versatility of switching from waist, to underarm carry.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts

·
I Stand With Talon
6,459 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
You're kidding right? For CC that is ridiculous. Unless you want everyone to know you have something going on with the strap across your chest showing you need to wear it under a shirt, which makes it inaccessible when you need it quickly. Might be good for walking through the woods but worthless in my opinion for CC purposes.
How many pushups do you think the model did before the picture? I hope he gives blood!

When I carry my JCP .45, I use this one: https://versacarry.com/dual-carry-holsters-iwb-and-owb/rapid-slide-s2-holster/

I use it OWB. I have a cheapy shoulder holster but it doesn't balance the gun weight well. As it was said earlier, I think it would take big bucks to get a really good one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts