Under arm holster suggestions for JHP .45

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Wolfpaak, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Wolfpaak

Wolfpaak Member

Or any suggestions for an OLD round guy. I bought the OWB paddle holster from Hi-Point and am not impressed. I am right handed and, as stated, round in shape.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kenny

2. Bill whitney

Bill whitney Member

Iv never worn a shoulder holster i liked. You gotta spend $$$ to get a comfortable one.

Wolfpaak and Rerun like this.

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

Wolfy - we have a member here- @CamoDeafie - who makes things. I bought a horizontal holster from him a while back for my JHP and really like it. Great workmanship AND he can work to your specs. Give him a shout

7000al and Wolfpaak like this.
  4. I'm currently not taking holster work or gear work on for a while, as I have a baby to raise, and she takes so much of my attention that I haven't really worked on anything sewing related for a while.

histed and Wolfpaak like this.
  5. Wolfpaak

Wolfpaak Member

Thanks for the heads up CamoDeafie.
    Kenny

CamoDeafie likes this.
  6. histed

histed Supporting Member

And she's a cutie, CD. Got your priorities right!

CamoDeafie likes this.
  7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

And if she's active in sports or extra curriculars, stand by to be busy for the next 18 to 21. Covid is the only reason I have free time now, and I'm retired!

histed and CamoDeafie like this.
  8. Nick Peregrine

Nick Peregrine Member

@Wolfpaak I've used an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Vertical Shoulder Holster (their p/n is 830-831 and it's like $45 on their site) with my JCP 40. As you know it's not a small gun, so ymmv with concealment, but I wear mine around my property and it's functional. "Round" shouldn't be too much of a problem - my rig has a lot of adjustment, and I'm not a particularly svelte guy either ;)

9. Claymore

Claymore Member

Two friends of mine, (both cops) have been using those when off duty for quite a while, and are very happy with the versatility of switching from waist, to underarm carry.

Wolfpaak likes this.
  10. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

https://aliengearholsters.com/hi-point-9mm-cloak-shoulder-holster.html

Checkout Alien Gear. I'm not a big fan of shoulder holsters. If youre a bigger person, you have to reach around further. I'd do "pocket carry".

11. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

You're kidding right? For CC that is ridiculous. Unless you want everyone to know you have something going on with the strap across your chest showing you need to wear it under a shirt, which makes it inaccessible when you need it quickly. Might be good for walking through the woods but worthless in my opinion for CC purposes.

Rufus Nathaniel REDD likes this.
  12. PastorParadox

PastorParadox Member

Iowa
    How many pushups do you think the model did before the picture? I hope he gives blood!

When I carry my JCP .45, I use this one: https://versacarry.com/dual-carry-holsters-iwb-and-owb/rapid-slide-s2-holster/

I use it OWB. I have a cheapy shoulder holster but it doesn't balance the gun weight well. As it was said earlier, I think it would take big bucks to get a really good one.

13. Wolfpaak

Wolfpaak Member

Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm going to try the Versacarry.
    Thanks again!
    Kenny