Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend Kelly came over tonight and gifted me a knife with no stamps, roll marks, nothing. I Google Image searched it and still came up dry. I've been drinking, so it could be me. It looks like a skinning knife? Sharp as shiz too. She clipped her own finger fondling it before she brought it over and needed 2 stitches.

20201210_234928.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,600 Posts
Downloaded the pic and posted it to a bushcraft forum that have knife collectors and knife experts... same forum that @greg_r is a member of as well.

·
Premium Member
9,189 Posts

·
What the Hell was that?
674 Posts
So my friend Kelly came over tonight and gifted me a knife with no stamps, roll marks, nothing. I Google Image searched it and still came up dry. I've been drinking, so it could be me. It looks like a skinning knife? Sharp as shiz too. She clipped her own finger fondling it before she brought it over and needed 2 stitches.

View attachment 69475
Damn, that's really nice.

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@CamoDeafie , that looks to be about it.

Handle fit isn't 100%. Looks warped, but I won't be using it for any chopping, so... For my taste, the blade is way too thick and stiff to be a boning knife, but I'm not a knife maker. I like it though. It'll definitely get put to use in the kitchen and go out with me as a skinning knife, along with the Havalon.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Those Serbian Chefs use funny looking knives. Doesn't look like any boning knife I've ever used. But hey, if it gets the job done...

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the knife came with a sausage and cheese gift box as well and I cut some read the newspaper thin slices with that knife.

20201211_121332.jpg

Those Serbian Chefs use funny looking knives. Doesn't look like any boning knife I've ever used. But hey, if it gets the job done...
What's the difference between a carbine and a rifle? The barrel, until the manufacturer calls it what they want.

What's the difference between a boning and a skinning knife? The blade, until the manufacturer called it what they want.

Like Havalon's skinning and boning blade...
20201211_122025.jpg

‍:duh: Who knows. That's why I have certain blade types I like for certain jobs in the kitchen. And a completely different set of knives for butchering.... animals...

·
Super Moderator
28,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
To me it's more clip-point than drop point, or the bastard child of them...
what are my odds of getting you to do a paper template and mail it to me? I ...dabble with making knives. Can't duplicate it exactly, (patents and legal stuff) but it would be a cool template to have and mess with

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what are my odds of getting you to do a paper template and mail it to me? I ...dabble with making knives. Can't duplicate it exactly, (patents and legal stuff) but it would be a cool template to have and mess with
Want to wait until the second one comes in for both templates?

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
Want to wait until the second one comes in for both templates?
Works for me. I'm in no hurry. My stock arrives Sunday, so I'll be building a muzzleloader for the next couple months - between remodeling the kitchen and... How did I find time to go to work?

Reactions: Rabidwookie
1 - 20 of 46 Posts