Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's gonna happen?

Unions To Take On Conservative Groups Health Care Town Halls

The nation's largest federation of labor organizations has promised to directly engage with boisterous conservative protesters at Democratic town halls during the August recess.

In a memo sent out on Thursday, AFL-CIO President John Sweeney outlined the blueprint for how the union conglomerate would step up recess activities on health care reform and other topics pertinent to the labor community. The document makes clear that Obama allies view the town hall forums as ground zero of the health care debate. It also uses the specter of the infamous 2000 recount "Brooks Brothers" protest to rally its members to the administration's side.

"The principal battleground in the campaign will be town hall meetings and other gatherings with members of Congress in their home districts," reads the memo. "We want your help to organize major union participation to counter the right-wing "Tea-Party Patriots" who will try to disrupt those meetings, as they've been trying to do to meetings for the last month. ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_252720.html

·
Registered
762 Posts
Anything to stifle the voice of dissent. This administration has some real gestapo style tactics........I'm waiting for the first person to pull a gun in these confrontations and end up with an all out blood bath and riot on our hands.....maybe that will finally start the revolution we so desperately need. Hell, if that's what it takes.....then I look forward to it.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Anything to stifle the voice of dissent. This administration has some real gestapo style tactics........I'm waiting for the first person to pull a gun in these confrontations and end up with an all out blood bath and riot on our hands.....maybe that will finally start the revolution we so desperately need. Hell, if that's what it takes.....then I look forward to it.
it may happen, it may not. but i am doubting that a revolution will ensue. i think it will result in more things like "Free speech zones", but i don't believe enough people feel strongly enough to get the ball rolling. but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Remember only head shots count.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Another reason for me not to like unions.
+1. i worked in a union shop for a couple of years. i was part time, so i didn't have union representation. but i sure as hell still had to pay my union dues.
Been involved with two unions. The teamsters and the electrical union. Left both with a bad taste in my mouth. I think unions had an important part to play in the early part of the last century. Now they just seem like they stir the shat to justify their high paying jobs.

·
Registered
602 Posts
So what's gonna happen?

Unions To Take On Conservative Groups Health Care Town Halls

The nation's largest federation of labor organizations has promised to directly engage with boisterous conservative protesters at Democratic town halls during the August recess.

In a memo sent out on Thursday, AFL-CIO President John Sweeney outlined the blueprint for how the union conglomerate would step up recess activities on health care reform and other topics pertinent to the labor community. The document makes clear that Obama allies view the town hall forums as ground zero of the health care debate. It also uses the specter of the infamous 2000 recount "Brooks Brothers" protest to rally its members to the administration's side.

"The principal battleground in the campaign will be town hall meetings and other gatherings with members of Congress in their home districts," reads the memo. "We want your help to organize major union participation to counter the right-wing "Tea-Party Patriots" who will try to disrupt those meetings, as they've been trying to do to meetings for the last month. ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_252720.html
Yeah that's...just freakin, weird in so many ways, on sooooo many levels.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Now they just seem like they stir the shat to justify their high paying jobs.
Exactly!

How many liberals you know who are anti-union???

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think unions had an important part to play in the early part of the last century. Now they just seem like they stir the shat to justify their high paying jobs.
yep!
I hear you on that man!!! I work in a non-union shop and we got sent on a business trip to Florida to do some work at a power company that is all union. Those were the laziest, most self centered, whiniest pieces of shit I have ever had the displeasure of associating with. I was trying to do my work while these two f-tards argued about getting a box off of the top of a pallet. One said it was the other guys job, that other guys said they needed to get a forklift because it was to high. I told em both to shut the f up and did it myself.

Fuck unions, fuck em right in the ear!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts