Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I use it, the more I like it. It meters well and doesn't leak in my Lee Perfect Powder Measure the way that Exploding Dust (Hodgdon Tightgroup) does.

I found another pound of it at the LGS this weekend. They had 4, 1 lbs, canisters of it but I only bought one. I didn't want to be "that guy." Besides, I'm still holding out hope to find some CFE BLK.

Maybe I've always been a flake powder guy and just didn't realize it? ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
397 Posts
Its got to be a great powder because everybody I talk to loves it. I've not used it a lot yet, anyway. I've loaded a few .38 Special with it. I plan to use it for 9mm soon.

·
Premium Member
36,038 Posts
I like TiteGroup because of price. It dips great, I don’t drop small loads like that, but I might dip light and trickle up.

·
Premium Member
9,431 Posts
Unique has been in my powder inventory since I started reloading I think. It’s a very versatile powder. Handgun, shotgun, and reduced rifle.

Reactions: lklawson and Rerun

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
It is one of the two classic pistol powders, along with Bullseye. It works for almost anything from light 38 wadcutter loads to full power .44 mag. It also works nicely for many reduced rifle loads, including your 30-30 with cast bullets.

Reactions: Rerun and lklawson

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It also works nicely for many reduced rifle loads, including your 30-30 with cast bullets.
Cool. I have a pound and a half of Trailboss for that but it's good to have options.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Cool. I have a pound and a half of Trailboss for that but it's good to have options.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
Lyman's reloading manual is a gold mine for that sort of thing

Reactions: lklawson

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
When I started reloading, I was all about Hodgdon/Winchester/IMR because, well, that's what the gun store sold, and it worked. The more I loaded, the more I branched out and tried other powders. My first foray into Alliant was Bullseye, because "that's what you use with .38 Special Wadcutters". Turns out, you can use it for a lot more. Later, I bought a pound of Unique for .32 S&W Long. It worked great for that, .32 H&R Mag., .38 Special, .357 Mag., .30-30 cast, 8mm Mauser cast, and just about anything else I've loaded. You'd be hard pressed to find a caliber and bullet that you can't find a Unique load for. Is it magic Unicorn dust? No, but it works... for nearly everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts