University Presidents Don’t Want Students With Guns On Campus

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by tallbump, Jun 9, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

University Presidents Don’t Want Students With Guns On Campus, Or Anywhere Else

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/03/university-presidents-dont-want-students-with-guns-on-campus-or-anywhere-else/

Make sure you click the link, interesting pic :D

Interesting read here. Not surprising to say the least. Sad state of affairs though.

Honestly, before all this crap hit the media, it never occurred to me that students otherwise legally allowed to do so couldn't carry on a campus. I mean, if they are legal to carry, and State law doesn't make it illegal, why not?

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

They're academic types..... You know.... Liberals...

3. In Florida a CCW holder cannot carry in a state university, but private universities get to set their own policies.

4. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

[​IMG] :eek::eek::eek:

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

:eek: NOT THAT PIC

My eyes....

LOL

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Screw them. In Utah, legislators made it specific law that a grown assed man or woman with a permit can carry on public college campuses, and the school can't stop us. Applies to all other public schools, too, meaning high schools, etc.

7. AS6

AS6 Legible in My Own Mind Member

As I started to read this, I was composing in my mind exactly what Ajole stated. So I guess he beat me to it. I like the fact that my state of Utah is so "progressive" :rolleyes: when it comes to supporting Second Amendment rights! The only places I cannot carry are federal buildings, airports and certain churches.

8. Branth

Branth Member

Surprise, surprise. Academics in largely liberal universities that are "gun free zones..." don't like guns! *eyeroll*

9. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

that look when i read this article:

[​IMG]

10. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

^^^^^ rofl!!!

11. I don't think University presidents should vote, drive, wear bow ties, public speak, and on and on….this goes for any liberal actually….:D

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Aw, come on, let them keep the bow ties. It makes them easier to spot.:p

13. Ok fine! I'll concede to the bow ties!:eek:

14. Branth

Branth Member

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    But only if you are a....or THE...Doctor.:cool:

16. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

That bow tie is a lot bigger on the inside.

17. I like that as an advertisement. We are "progressive " about the second amendment.