update!!! fired my c9 today~~

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by jimhens82, Apr 10, 2008.

1. jimhens82

jimhens82 Guest

hey guys wanna give ya an update, i fired 50 rounds thru my new c9 today, jammed twice in the 1st two mags after that fired flawlessly pretty darn accurate too for a shorty, now have to buy 1,000,000 rounds to keep me happy lol!!! talk to ya later
    jimmy

2. hobo

hobo Guest

Welcome and congrats on your new HP. You've definitely found the place to get all the best info on these firearms. The members here are extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Except me... I know just enough to not shoot my foot off. :?

Make sure you post pics when you can.

3. Welcome to the greatest group of handgun owners. A little info: Be patient, don't get discouraged due to the Failure-To-Feeds (FTF's) let your feed ramp polish itself throughout the break-in period, listen to the people on this forum about feed issues and use a little trial and error. Beware of limp-wristing, you maybe a newbie or not I don't know, but these guns are very prone to limp-wristing. In a week or two you will be out shooting your friends all day long. I love my C9, and trust my life with it, I'll be getting my CCW on wednesday and will be carrying my C9

4. neothespian

neothespian Member

Welcome aboard! You'll find the C9 an excellent firearm, and the gun WILL function great as long as you remember it's design: As a blowback pistol, you need to keep a FIRM wrist. Any defection will absorb the recoil of the firearm, which the device needs to fully cycle the action.

As for trust: I carry it with me every night in the cab, and it has proven to be a loyal weapon when the time called for it.

5. pjm204

pjm204 Member

I know you will love your C9. I have not yet carried my JCP40, I've only had it a week and the weather is warming up so I doubt I will anytime soon. But the day I got it I fired 100 rounds and was very tempted to carry it, though I figure a good deal more testing is required to make sure the gun is as reliable as I think it is. Either way I believe the company makes a great product and I must agree that with a little practice the gun will outshoot anything you're friends can throw at you. Tomorrow I intend to use my hi-point at an informal local match and I know I will do better than normal..

As for limp wristing, the gun is direct blowback so it would make sense that they are a little more prone to it, I didn't have any issues but then again, I am not a newbie. Just remember to hold it firmly and make a conscious effort to resist the recoil(which is minimal).

Good luck with your gun, practice and have fun with it. See you on the range.

6. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    Welcome. Don't starve your HP, feed it a healthy mix of everything out there. That is the only way to know what she likes.

7. jimhens82

jimhens82 Guest

hey great info guys thanks

hey guys thanks so much for the info, keep it coming !! lol i guess i am a newbie, ive fired a few different handguns, 45's 357's but never a 9mm
    i cant wait so im goin after work to get it instead of waiting til tomorow lol!!! ill definatly post pics, thanks again, oh what would the best break in ammo be??

8. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    What's your budget? Try a little of everything. I use only Winchester White Box. It feeds fine in mine, but others have had problems with it. Maybe Remington or Wolf. It's really a crap shoot. Good Luck.

9. WWB or RUMC work for most people. I've never personally fired Blazer or Fioocchi through a C9, but I haven't heard any complaints either.

10. The first few times, my C9 choked on WWB, so I shot Wolf. This last time out it ate every WWB I fed it.

I am so proud of my little one growing up and finally eating everything fed to her! :lol:

11. I've run WWB, Wolf, Rem UMC and Blazer Brass thru my C9 and the .40 JCP. Both guns ate all of it with no problems.

12. jimhens82

jimhens82 Guest

got my C9!!!!

well could nt wait went and grabbed my C9 today weather kinda nasty here, but will post some pics asap
    thanks for the help guys your the best

13. You're gonna have fun.

Hi - don't listen to anyone who gives you a hard time about your C9.

They're durable, accurate and reliable, and they have a better track record for not jamming than most pistols costing 3 times as much. It's a little bulky for concealed carry, and even I'm intimidated about tearing mine down to clean it, but the $300 I saved over buying a Glock or Ruger will buy me a lot of professional cleaning visits to my local dealer - when it finally needs that.

Get lots of practice with your new toy, find the ammo you like best, and then the next time someone wit a SigSauer blows you crap, just challenge him to a shooting contest and see if he can still justify the extra $500 he spent after you whup him!

14. jimhens82

jimhens82 Guest

thanks

hey thanks guys for all the info, i got a box of WWB to try out, if the rain here stops ill be out to try her out, i cant wait!!!!

15. jimhens82

jimhens82 Guest

thanks

hey thanks guys for all the info, i got a box of WWB to try out, if the rain here stops ill be out to try her out, i cant wait!!!!

16. jimhens82

jimhens82 Guest

update on new c9

hey guys wanna give ya an update, i fired 50 rounds thru my new c9 today, jammed twice in the 1st two mags after that fired flawlessly pretty darn accurate too for a shorty, now have to buy 1,000,000 rounds to keep me happy lol!!! talk to ya later
    jimmy