Updated AR

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Ridge, May 31, 2008.

1. Ridge

Ridge Member

Pics of my AR I took today :) Changed a couple things about it since my last pics :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a wrecked 5.56 round after my magazine double fed before the old shell could be ejected...
    [​IMG]

2. That is 'tough' looking. Nice job.

:shock: On that mangled round.

3. Ridge

Ridge Member

Thanks guys :)

My buddy is USMC and he wants to see if he can bring his own weapon over on his next tour this summer...if he can, he wants to buy mine lol!

4. s0b3

s0b3 Member

what about the 3 round burst option that he has available to him for free? :lol:

5. Ridge

Ridge Member

Thats what Im wondering, is why he would go from select fire to semi only...

6. s0b3

s0b3 Member

from what i understand, some units will allow some customization. most are being issued with the matech 600m flip up rear sight and knights ras systems and vertical grip. all he may need to make it like yours would me the magpul ctr stock and miad pistol grip.

7. Ari

Ari Guest

What happens if your own weapon gets destroyed in combat?

8. Ridge

Ridge Member

Good question...I guess you pull a standard one from the armory :p

9. condition1

condition1 Member

maybe cause Marines are trained to accurately fire their weapon. Most I know actually prefer semi over auto. then there is the SAW...
    i wouldn't be too keen on taking my personal weapon to a sand trap. Sand is so evil.
    That is a fine lookin' rifle, Ridge.