Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone tried it with hi points? thoughts opinions?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Nope, never tried one. I just use my hands. IMHO looks like another gadget to spend valuable powder/primer money on. On the other hand it would probaly suite some folks very well.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I just saw this thing the other day but couldn't remember the name. I was thinking about it after I cut my thumb loading my magazine. Thanks for asking about it. I am interested in getting one. The price I saw was only like $25.00

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, never tried one. I just use my hands. IMHO looks like another gadget to spend valuable powder/primer money on. On the other hand it would probaly suite some folks very well.
well, with the apparent set-up I need to keep my mag feed lips, I struggle to get the correct angle of loading without stretching them back out.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I agree with you. My JHP mags are much easier to load than the C9. Guess it is do to my fat fumble fingers? I'd just break or loose that gizmo. The Hi-Point warranty was a major reason I bought one, and then another. If you knew me you'd know that I can acidentally destroy an anvil with a powder puff. Got 3 cinder blocks for Christmas one year. By New Years day I had only one, had lost one and torn the other one up.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Found this:
Load them all *:

- Astra, Auto Ordnance, Barak, Beretta, Browning, Bul, Colt, CZ, EAA, FN, Glock, HK, Hi-Point, 8) High Standard,

Jerico, Kahr, Kel-Tec, Kimber, Les Baer, Llama, Luger, Magnum Research, Para Ordnance,

Phonix Arms, Ruger, Sigma, Sig/Sauer, S&W, Springfield Armory, Star, Steyr, Taurus, Vector, Walter, and more.

* Does NOT load properly:

Glock G36 6rd .45 SS (Single Stack) (Beak will not come out of mag.)

Glock G37/8/9 .45 G.A.P. DS (Double Stack) (Beak will not come out of mag.)

S&W 7rd 9mm SS (Beak too wide, does not enter between lips)

On this site:
http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula.htm

Best price so far is at Midwayusa.com

I was wondering about this thing changing the opening of the magazine also. But could be a lot better than cut thumbs.!! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I've owned one for a few months. Paid $29 for it and worth every penny. I never used it on my 995 mags but boy does it help for the double-stack mags for the HK P2000 and the Beretta 92. The 30 rounders for the Cx4 Storm were a pain before the uplula. Definitely worth it for anyone who uses hi-cap pistol mags; better than any other loader I've tried.

-'bridge

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Dad has one and loves it. He said it saved the life of his thumbs. Only thing is, I can load my 10rd mag by hand before he can load his 8rd with this thing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've not used one before but I like the idea of less stress on the mag while reloading. I may just have to get one someday. Thanks for the link.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I ordered one last night from Midway $29 total but darn, BACKORDERED. Must be getting popular. Good sign though, must mean it works.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Just got one of these yesterday and it seems to spread the lips way out on the C9 mag. I will see what happens at the range today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have used the Uplula for a few months now and there is no finer mag loader. I use it for 9 and 45 without any issues. My fingers love it!

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Great to hear Skyeye. Mine should be here any day now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts