Upstate NY checking in

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by Nick Peregrine, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Nick Peregrine

Nick Peregrine Member

New to this forum, not new to firearms. My father taught me how to shoot with his 686 S&W with full-house handloads. Been CCW in NYS for a few years, already on my second card. I love everything about Hi-Point. Stone simple, inexpensive, and you get a human being when you call support.

Quick story:
    I recently purchased a $600+ handgun from a European company that has been operating for hundreds of years. A few months later I wanted to buy a very basic part - standard mag floorplates. At the same time I also wanted to order some more mags for my Hi-Point C9. Turns out nobody makes the floorplates for my European piece (including MOM, even though the pistol is still current production), so I emailed their support the same night I ordered my C9 mags... Had the HP mags loaded and in the safe days before the other guys even returned my email. Hundreds of years and many more dollars for a product does not necessarily equal a better consumer experience. Oh btw, the $600 wonder doesn't outperform the C9, nor my JCP.

TL;DR - I'm a Hi-Point fanboy and not ashamed of it. Looking forward to picking some brains around here and learning a thing or two.

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Welcome to the group!

3. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!!! Always nice to add a new face to the asylum!!!

4. Welcome from an old guy in Kentucky.

5. histed

histed Supporting Member

welcome.jpeg Welcome to the zoo. You bring treats? JHP, C 9 and CF 380 at one time or another.