Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across a used 995 and when I say used I mean pretty beat up, the back sight looked as if it had been ripped off, the screws were all jacked and what not, mag is not releasing as smooth...the remainder of the gun seems fine, although I'm not sure if the gun stays locked back on an empty mag. like the pistols do. Little rust where the screws are located throughout the stock...but I can get it for 100$ pre-tax
Does that sound like a deal, I know that the warr. from HP is exceptional...but I just don't know :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was originally 150$ and after I pointed everything that was wrong and gave him the :? you must be kidding look he went to 100$

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
FYI the 995 carbine does not lock back on last round like the 9mm pistol does.

I have read that future ones somewhere down the line will, but the current ones will not be able to be retrofitted with this feature.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
If you can get it for $85 bucks like Gman suggested, buy it, it's worth every penny. Then just send it off to Hi-Point and you'll be brand spankin' new in a few days.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't understand why people can't take care of there guns. Pick it up and treat it well.

G

·
For a $100.00 I would buy it. Send it back to HP and let them fix it and it will be good as new. Of course if you could get the price down a little more, so much the better!

G

·
It might depend on where you live.If your like hermanek and live in poland Id say shipping it to Ohio might be bit steep. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would try to get the price down a bit. You can always send it in as others have said. If the metal finish is bad you can sand and spray on some of that hi-temp engine paint and bake it in the oven to make it even tougher.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts