Used JCP .40 price point

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by TacticalBaconDisposalUnit, May 9, 2014.

1. First of all, HELLO HPFF! And yay for first posts! Long time firearm owner, prospective HP owner. My LGS recently hit a jackpot with a cache of multi caliber HP handguns. But i'm looking for some better information on the expected price point. I do understand that this usually varies per state. I currently reside in SC.

THE FACTS:
    The "slightly used" .40's at my LGS are selling for $145. They claim less than 50 rounds fired through these guns.
    They come with just one mag. No ghost, no extra mag, no case.

My question:
    From the factory I was under the impression they came with 2 mags, ghost, and a case for the standard edition ($200). Is this true?

If that's true I think I have some haggling to do, what do you personally think I should ask for. I'm not shy so I have no problem walking in there with some concrete facts about what I should be paying for the items i'm getting or not getting....

Thanks for your time. And if it makes any difference if/when I do purchase one I will immediately be contacting joey for a keychain. I've done my reading :D.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome! Prices vary a lot per region, but yeah, I'd try haggling a bit.

3. Welcome to the forums.

Some come with the extra mag but others done depends on the set and the the new ones I have picked up,have been in a cardboard box.

In my area used prices are only 10-15% less than retail. So to me the $145 is a pretty good deal but I would try to talk them down the cost of another mag($18 I think).

Does sound like your missing the break down tool. Now you don't need the tool to break down the pistol it is a neat little extra to have.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Around here a new JCP with one mag in a cardboard box will cost you $189. So for me $145 is a good deal. As far as missing the ghost ring, useless tool & trigger lock and other trinkets, whoopdie-doo. They can be had for free with a simple phone call to Hi-Point. Extra mag and cheesy case can be found here (free shipping).

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/products.php?cat=12

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I paid $199 for a brand new .40 just earlier this year. As mentioned, prices vary depending on where you are in the country. That's ht best price I could find local to me, and by the time I paid shipping and transfers fees, couldn't really do any better buying online. Plus like to support the local shops.

For that price mine came in a cardboard box with only one mag. Yes, it had the trigger lock, tool and ghost ring sight, but like others have told you, can can get them all from Hi Point for free.

If you can get it a beat cheaper, of course you should. But I'd pay the $145 and be happy if I had to, and put that other $50 towards a second mag and a box of ammo.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    In my AO, the basic JCP is cardboard box, one mag, pointless ghost ring, trigger lock and tool; and runs $160-$180 recently.

Used....no matter how used...is $120.

That's not a bad price...I mean, what other .40 can you buy for that price?;)

7. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Dunno what prices are like in your area but last month I bought a new jcp 40 for $150. It only came w one mag. Did come w ghost ring an classy cardboard gun safe;) I'm from Pittsburgh pa. Btw the lgs I go to has a reputation for good prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

8. tallbump

Looks like I might have to make a quick trip down I-79 :D

9. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

They will ship to a ffl. That'll cost. Depends on how far and what you are driving down i70

10. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I79 my bad

11. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

the one mag is pretty standard. I've never 'laid eyes' and any brand new HP hand gun with anything but one mag. i hear some accounts of extra mags with new guns but like i said, i've never seen it for myself. more than likely any HPs with more than one mag were used and went to the dealer as a package.

12. tallbump

I'm just up in Erie.
    SO it may save a few $. My FFL i like charges $20 for a transfer. Plus shipping to him. I might be better off driving down. Plus, then I can check out another shop :D

13. Thanks for the responses guys. I had not thought about the trigger lock and punch tool. I have quite a few locks and i'm sure I can use nearly anything for the pin. But I will more than likely call HP to get these pieces just to have them if they're free.

Can anyone tell me a little more about the HP warranty? I have been told no matter what cosmetic upgrades you do to the gun they will still accept it if it has all the factory parts installed. Is this true?

14. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

as long as the serial number is still there, they will fix it.

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Welcome to HPFF,

T.B.D.U.!

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah

So far, that has been true. No one has ever reported any damage or mod so heinous that mom wouldn't fix her baby up and send it back to us, no matter who bought the gun when, or who did the damage. Even self reported damage, as in I tried to do X, and broke Y, it has all been fixed.

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Oh, not a single warranty issue for me, BTW...

18. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Guns priced right 100 Bettis road Dravosburgh PA. HANDS OF THE 45 CARBINE! She's mine lol. Prolly gonna put it on layaway tomorow anyway. I'm taking my mom there to snag her a mothers day present tomorow am.

19. tallbump

If I get a carbine it will be the .40 so you're safe :D

20. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Cool! I been off work for a week and a halph. I have the $$ but nxt pay is gonna suck. My fault I'm not Hercules any more. Lifted 2mack truck tires w rims spider and drum attached off the floor myself. Bad move. May need surgery to repair a hydrocele. Not too much pain but looks like I'm smuggling some grapefruit, lol. I'm going back to work Monday but driving only. No lifting, no turning wrenches. Lesson to men every where if it's too heavy don't be a hulk!