Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
against my own judgment i used my fobus holster today for duty insted of my bosses level 1 holster but to my surprise the fobus holster is actually very comfy with the rest of my gear and did hold my weapon very close. im really hoping to have someone alter it so i can have a thumb break installed. the only thing i dont like about the fobus holster is the retention. if u have it nice a snug it seems to hold the weapon to much (yes i said it) because u pretty much have the jerk the weapon out of the holster. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been looking around at holsters and the Fobus seems like a good option. I have also looked at galco and a few other manufacturers.

For the price Fobus seems like the best option, you can't really beat a $25 holster with a lifetime warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it works really well for open carry.....butttt i kinda wished i had got the galco one that had the kinda of plastic pouch vs fobus design with all kindas of holes and such. other then that the fobus works just fine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you have to jerk (or snap up) to get it out. That is what is so cool about them. You are not going to sort of draw it. You have to mean too. I have hours and hours wearing mine. ( I have two ) I practice the draw (slowly and smoothly) at the range drawing the weapon and shooting. (Never fast just smooth)

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Make sure the gun is being pulled straight up and out. They're made so that the gun can only be pulled that way for retention purposes. The gun shouldn't be pulled at an angle. F.Y.I. ...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Make sure the gun is being pulled straight up and out. They're made so that the gun can only be pulled that way for retention purposes. The gun shouldn't be pulled at an angle. F.Y.I. ...
+1 I had to practice a good while to get a smooth draw with my Fobus.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Extremely poor choice for duty use, I repeat the worst absolute choice possible! I can easily disarm anyone who wears a fobus holster before they are aware of the attempt. Sell some unused items to a Pawn shop or barrow some money from a friend but get ride of that fobus holster for duty use. A level 2 holster made by the big three manufacturers is the way to go and should run about $125.00. Whats your life worth?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
If you like the idea of having a paddle holster for duty carry, I want to suggest the Blackhawk! SERPA Holster. A fellow on the force went from a level 2 Uncle Mike's to the SERPA, and loves it. They are not in the $125 range, and they are as kickarse as they look.

68.97 Price + 7.35 Shipping = 76.32
http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?M=BLACKHAWK&ID=1303279&ref=GB

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I have them for my Glocks, but I didn't know that they have one for Hi-Points. They are molded to the gun, aren't they? Is there a generic model?
oops, for some reason I thought he had a police duty weapon (glock or S&W). My bad!

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
oops, for some reason I thought he had a police duty weapon (glock or S&W). My bad!
So'k. For a minute I was confused, though. If he was talking about a Glock, man, the holster options are endless. Hi-Points are great, inexpensive guns and a well kept secret. The down side is the accessories aren't there yet like they are for Glock, etc. You gain some, you lose some.

The only legit holster that I've seen so far for the Hi-Points is the Fobus. I have the Uncle Mike's and have seen others too, but I personally don't like them for serious carry. In my opinion, if you're going to carry on-duty, a Fobus is a great holster. If your dept. or company require a retention device, you may have to go with the Uncle Mike's; just practice drawing it with an unloaded gun so you're familiar with the speed and difficulty. There are videos on YouTube where guys show how Fobus holsters can be broken off a belt, but honestly, if someone comes up and grabs my holster and pushes down and snaps it off my belt, I'm going to be putting my foot between his legs or dropping elbows into his eye sockets. Anyone touching my gun on my belt is reflexively going to get beaten. He may break the holster off the belt, but he's still got to get the gun out of the Fobus, and that's going to take a minute of two - probably longer with me beating him...like anything else, ymmv.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I only use UM when on duty if the place is open however sometimes on Sunday when it's closed and I'm on I will switch over to Fobus as it is lighter and much more comfortable [also ditch the cuffs and flashlight holder as it is daylight ]

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I have been looking around at holsters and the Fobus seems like a good option. I have also looked at galco and a few other manufacturers.

For the price Fobus seems like the best option, you can't really beat a $25 holster with a lifetime warranty.
Slacker, did you ever get it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a Fobus for my C9 on order (the HP2), but it has not come in yet. I am hoping for monday or tuesday. I will put up some pics once I get it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Extremely poor choice for duty use, I repeat the worst absolute choice possible! I can easily disarm anyone who wears a fobus holster before they are aware of the attempt. Sell some unused items to a Pawn shop or barrow some money from a friend but get ride of that fobus holster for duty use. A level 2 holster made by the big three manufacturers is the way to go and should run about $125.00. Whats your life worth?
i dont think you red my post to close lol

ive seen alot of holsters that vega makes and i think some may even fit the hp 45

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.