Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
29,197 Posts
I was waiting for a punchline in that story, like the guy that entered was the waitress's long lost boyfriend or something.

Oh well. Semper Fi.

Can I get you a box of crayons?
I also didn't quite get the point of the story. I read it three times tying to figure out why the alleged Marine assaulted a patron entering the establishment coincidentally with a waitress dropping a tray. I would have guessed "PTSD" but the alleged Marine in the story had supposedly never done anything more scary than going to the range.

So, without further context, the story reads to me from the perspective of the young man, "So, I'm a good looking man in my early 20's and I decided to go to the local diner. As I walk through the door, Mary, the waitress I've known for 3 yeas, saw me and got distracted then dropped her tray. It happens. Normally, we just clap and she gets a little embarrassed. But this time, some really old dude who I've never seen before, jumped up and screamed something about 'holes!' Then this wild-eyed lunatic, spittle flying from his mouth, jammed a fork (of all things) into my neck. Well, I looked at him like he was an idiot. He's obviously off his meds. After, he was kinda preening himself and mumbling something about 'marines'. I'm just glad he didn't babble something about 'Trump' because we don't need that kinda publicity."

Which, I'm guessing, was supposed to be the joke? Maybe?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Administrator
29,197 Posts

·
Administrator
29,197 Posts
Thats what she said.
Well, at least I bring home a pay check. So I'm worth keeping around for that, anyway.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts