Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,703 Posts
I’m with Kirk, didn’t quite follow. Was the guy entering the restaurant a threat? Was he carrying a weapon when he walked in? Or was it a ptsd moment due to the waitress dropping her tray? So many questions…
Let me mansplain for you…I think Kirk actually got it.

Marines get trained. When I say trained, I mean TRAINED. Certain things require certain responses. You learn them like your life and the lives of your squad and platoon depends on your immediate response and satisfactory performance of those things…because they do.

Those things stay with you. It took me years to stop reaching for my cover every time I entered or exited a building, which is a pointless thing, and I was Army, not a Marine.

So the joke is, even old Marines are still Marines, and you should be happy they are….and be careful not to do stupid things around them, because sometimes, reactions are automatic.

And no Kirk….this wasn’t about the man in the box. That guy might have used the fork.

·
Super Moderator
25,955 Posts
To this day, I still can't put my hands in my pockets and have to resist the urge to say something to people who do... So many things that just occur automatically and most subconsciously.

Having said that, I do think you're giving the gentleman in the story a bit too much credit though...

Fire in the hole? Unless he was at Taco Bell, that should have been an SSD event. Which, oddly enough, can also be caused by Taco Bell if your girl isn't paying and gets trapped in the Dutch Oven.

·
Administrator
29,197 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Administrator
29,197 Posts
Thats what she said.
Well, at least I bring home a pay check. So I'm worth keeping around for that, anyway.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts