USPS is Terrible

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Oaktree45, May 19, 2020.

1. It wasn't and I was.

2. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

No problems from any of them until the "virus" hit, now it's a crap shoot.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Yep. Things seem to be getting better.

Dubar likes this.
  4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well we'll see. I've got a BCG, barrel, holster, gun belt, and something for the boy who inbound as of this weekend.

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

USPS here is reliable for the most part, UPS hit and miss, FedEx totally sucks. FedEx left my packages with the neighbor across the street, all 210 pounds worth. Her husband was gone and they were to heavy for her to move and way to heavy for my spine. So called FedEx and made the driver do a turnaround because one of the boxes had food in it.

Driver dumps boxes at the end of the sidewalk 30 feet form the front door and takes off... yup, he did another turn around to come back and deliver them to the house like he is supposed to, I caught him too because he was dumping them on the steps when there is a big sign on the door to put packages in the porch.

He got fired when he got back to the terminal... he screwed up over a dozen deliveries that day!

6. Rachgier

Gun belt showed up. Ordered Thursday morning.
    20200922_115713.jpg

undeRGRound likes this.
  7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I have bought lots of precious metals via many methods of post. USPS, UPS and FedEx. But I usually buy from one place, Silver Doctors Bullion. SDBullion. BUT they have a very intelligent name for their shipping office, it is called SDBearings and you get a nice, tight, HEAVY and small package that really does pass for some type of bearing. I mean usually, who's gonna want to steal that?

8. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

If I knew it was for you, I would Mole. :stir:

undeRGRound likes this.
  9. Rachgier

BTW my new gun belt drop shipped from San Fran Commie-fornia. 5 days from time of order, 3 days shipping. Holster is supposed to be here tomorrow. It's sitting in Denver right now. Shipped from Springfield, MO Monday morning.

Newman31B likes this.
  10. You order from Midway USA? Good man.

11. Rachgier

No. A leather company recommended by the saddle maker I used to live down the road from. They have an Amazon store.

12. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

I have a camera lens coming to Florida from North Carolina. It arrived 2 days ago in Jacksonville, Fl. Yesterday, it arrived in Atlanta. Goddess alone knows where its going next. Something like this does NOT need the extra mileage...

13. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Did NC move all their sorting equipment outside too?!?!?!

14. Rachgier

So of the BCG, barrel, holster, belt, and gift for the kid... the only thing that isn't here is the barrel and BCG. Barrel is coming from FL, so I'm blaming SWAGA for it taking a full week to get here. The BCG is still sitting in Ogden, UT because DTT loves to print shipping labels then take 5 days to pick and pack the order. So that's Ajole's fault.

It just seems like everything that ships from or goes somewhere east of the Mississippi gets screwed up...

15. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Bit the bullet and ordered a new stove and fridge. My stove is dying, control board is flaking out and oven temps are pot luck with it. And I need a new fridge, mine is an energy pig. Ordered online form HomeDepot and delivery is supposedly the 6th of Oct... wait and see...

Appliances are in short supply so I was lucky to find a matching pair...

16. Rachgier

Watching the postal carrier circle my block like a shark...

Woman! I know my barrel is on the truck, stop teasing me!

Twisty, OldOutlaw and CamoDeafie like this.
  17. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

In addition to the camera lens which is STILL on walkabout, now I have an Amazon delivery that didn't. "Let's not, but say we did."

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I ordered some ammo from RKGuns. 7-10 days processing they said. It arrived on Saturday. I was in Texas. Got notified via email at 3:15am it was on the local delivery truck after getting a notice the day before it would be delivered on Sunday. :rolleyes: The driver called me. I explained I am not able to accept delivery and sign for it any day this week. Told him I would get it at the facility in Nashville today. Told him I called FedEx and told them to hold it in Nashville and I would get it today. He said, "Sunday and Monday are my days off. I would prefer not taking it to Nashville on my days off. I can drop it at 3am in Nashville on Tuesday." "Okay, I'll swing by there on Tuesday afternoon on my way home from work. Enjoy your days off!"

19. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Where's The Ammo (my take on Where's The Beef)?!?!?!

Now it's UPS's turn, from their website this morning. It was suppose to be delivered Wednesday:

In Transit 09/29/2020 9:41 A.M. Paducah, KY, United States
    We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay.

Now no estimated delivery shows.

Won't little Tommy's momma be surprised when she opens up a box of 7.62x25 Tokarev instead of some Teletubbies. :yikes: (won't I be surprised with the Teletubbies :oops:)

20. Texas??? Um, don't all yer exes live in Texas?