USPS is Terrible

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Oaktree45, May 19, 2020.

1. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

I posted about the same once or perhaps twice above in this thread about UPS. Same message. Then nothing for a few days. Then it was on the way again. Luckily, I got my ammo shipments, but days late. They had sent one back East as far as Indianapolis and it got "lost" again there before it got back here. Now, another one got lost near Chicago and ended up back East not far from Target Sports.

Target Sports helped me on this situation. I sent them an email with links to both UPS shipments and travel history. Next day, UPS had found and got the closest one to me two more days later. The last shipment? Well, it got to me the next day. UPS upgraded to NDA it would seem.

Since then, an AR 15 upper coming here was incorrectly sorted. Got it 3 days late from their promised delivery date. UPS seems to have some real problems right now.

Dubar likes this.
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

My BCG will be here Friday. DTT took the entire 5 business days to actually ship it. So actually in USPS hands Monday afternoon, left Park City, UT this morning at 6am.

3. The local UPS store seems to have an agenda. They always ask what we're shipping. Today, the spousal unit told them "paperwork that's none of your business". I avoid USPS and UPS. That doesn't leave any good options really.

4. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Update sez This Thursday, but the needle hasn't moved off Paduca KY as of yet.

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

None! I just heard yesterday #1 is returning from CA.

My great aunt told me only marry a Texas girl. I forgot that promise. :lol:

Rerun likes this.
  6. Post office pretty quick here so far for USPS deliveries. For FEDEX.... well. Interesting bit. Have a package at a Fedex facility 20 miles away that has the status of "package not due for delivery" :rolleyes: expected delivery date is Tues Oct 13th.

On the other hand, I'm expecting a packagw today via USPS that was handed off to USPS from DHL global mail coming from the United Kingdom, and it was expected between the 8th of October and 22nd of October... considering its coming from the UK, I'm somewhat impressed at how fast it took.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  7. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I've got things from the UK a lot quicker than I expected too, usually within 10 days. Ordered some parts from Australia the other day and the guy I ordered from said the airlines are slow getting mail out, gonna take 2-3 weeks before it ships. But he makes some good (electronic) products so I can wait.

8. Certainly was faster than the mail from Hudson 4 Supplies in Canada to Oregon :rolleyes:

9. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

My bitchin to Fedex and Amazon must have paid off, I’ve gotten a couple of Christmas presents I ordered that came in a day before they estimated. Also, USPS and UPS have been better, even delivering on weekends when/after they normally stop.

Its either that or they all finally got their panties out of whatever twist they were in and got back to work.

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Funny story, my crazy a$$ old mum screaming and yelling at a contract Fed-Ex driver... they always pull up in the driveway instead of on the road, less walking. But not that much. Anyway, this under 30 young man is here in my drive and getting ready to back out and mom comes rolling up behind him with her power chair, totally in the blind spot, and the backup horn is beeping. She's screaming Bloody murder Even though hes not moving. Said he hit the house but I looked nothing was damaged. Dementia sucks...

moona11 likes this.
  11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    FedEx. Shipping tracker says my package has been bouncing around two facilities in Salt Lake for over a week, says it suddenly had a bad label, which got replaced, so it should be here in four days....from 120 miles away, despite daily trucks coming this way.

undeRGRound likes this.
  12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

My scope was a day late because FedEx had "a sorting error" that had my scope take 14 hours to go from Nashville to Nashville...o_O

undeRGRound likes this.
  13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Got that package today...the original shipping label was rubbed almost clean, it was from Smoky Mountain Knife Works. But it got here. Got a few Old Timer Sharpfingers for the grandkids at $11 each, and a few belt sheathes for some knives that needed some leather. I like pocket knives that clip, hate the way the ones without a clip sit in the bottom of the pocket and wear a hole, but I have a few German Bokers that are worth carrying, so now they’ll fit on my belt. No idea why their picture shows it upside down.

[​IMG]

undeRGRound and Rerun like this.
  14. Nov 4th, ordered the 3 20rd mags.got them today from USPS first class mail sent from Florida;
    Nov 3rd ,ordered 75 yards of Camo Green 1" webbing for my 5 yards cut of 62" Woodland 1000D Cordura.... it has spent last 5 days in MO, FEDEX. Sent from NC. Supposedly will arrive Weds, Nov 11th. :rolleyes: we shall see. Tracking says still "in transit"
    The 5 yards of Woodland, came from NJ and arrived within 3 business days from USPS Priority mail.

15. Zorba

Zorba "The Veiled Male" Member

On a segue to this topic, I ordered some Xmas gifts from "Warrior Women" yesterday. Two of them won't even SHIP until 12/5 - I swear they do this on purpose. Had to upgrade the shipping so that I have a decent chance of getting them on time.
    The third will be here tomorrow!

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Circuit breaker I need for the welder has been bouncing around Chitcago for a week...

17. Pistolkitty

Pistolkitty Supporting Member

Aside from a bag of dog food that arrived a day late, I have had a good run of luck shipping things lately. Knock wood, as I'm about to start my Christmas shopping online...

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

well my circuit breaker is back where it started... left the seller a message to reship it...

19. Fedex dropped off my 75 yard roll of Camo Green 1" webbing today. Right on time... although I really question if they needed to hold the package for a few days in MO :rolleyes:

20. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

That was to get the covid cooties off it :rotfl:

CamoDeafie likes this.